Florida governor signs welfare drug-screen measure

AAAAAAGGGGHHHHH I hate that American term.

What's wrong with "Sorry" as per the English language.

Yo! Waddup?

FFS. :rolleyes:

Me also

For a tidbit of useless information it actually derives from Mea culpa, a Latin phrase that translates into English as "my mistake" or "my fault", or nowadays "my bad".

It is becoming common for government policies to be subject to re-examination and the government has to be sorry for perceived immoral policy seen in a different light and the public has to foot the compensations.
Sorta like when a nurse helps an injured person in the street and then gets sued by that person....

Or, some dumbo suing Maccas 'cause they split the coffee on themselves and got burned.

Or a kid suing her parents 'cause she couldn't go to the "insert activity here".

We are heading down a terrific path, we stupid humans.

I think I'd make a terrible paramedic (ambulance officer)

"Drug overdose? On our way - anyone want to stop for coffee?"

Sorry if this ruffles but I am very drug intolerant - having seen firsthand what they do to people now and their future mentality (even soft drugs).

Taking drugs is a choice, and it is a choice that comes with a risk.

the-united-states-failed-war-on-drugs.jpg

Prison-Industrial-Complexcs5.png

Way to much money is made off drugs that they would let it slip out of their control.

I do agree legalize it tax it use those taxes purely for educating young people, protecting children from drugs. Once your old enough to decide if you want to end your life then by all means you should have the choice to do so.

Way to much money is made off drugs that they would let it slip out of their control.

I do agree legalize it tax it use those taxes purely for educating young people, protecting children from drugs. Once your old enough to decide if you want to end your life then by all means you should have the choice to do so.
who is "they"?

You only have to go for a walk in the main street of Nimbin and see what happens under all grids of cctv as the police just drive past,so someone must be a making a bucket load of cash tax free,..

I think I'd make a terrible paramedic (ambulance officer)

"Drug overdose? On our way - anyone want to stop for coffee?"

Sorry if this ruffles but I am very drug intolerant - having seen firsthand what they do to people now and their future mentality (even soft drugs).

Taking drugs is a choice, and it is a choice that comes with a risk.

Good thing you arent a paramedic then because you would prejudge and risk the lives of patients.

what if someone had their drink spiked? what about accidental/unintentional overdoses? you would rather prejudge and end with them possibly dying?

"Unintentional misuse can include errors in dosage caused by failure to read or understand product labels. Accidental overdoses may also be the result of over-prescription, failure to recognize a drug's active ingredient, or unwitting ingestion by children[4] A common unintentional overdose in young children involves multi-vitamins containing iron. Iron is a component of the hemoglobin molecule in blood, used to transport oxygen to living cells. When taken in small amounts, iron allows the body to replenish hemoglobin, but in large amounts it causes severe pH imbalances in the body. If this overdose is not treated with chelation therapy, it can lead to death or permanent coma.
The term 'overdose' is often misused as a descriptor for adverse drug reactions or negative drug interactions due to mixing multiple drugs simultaneously."

congrats i guess, i hope no one in your family is ever put in that situation.

Good thing you arent a paramedic then because you would prejudge and risk the lives of patients.

You know what I mean so don't lump spiking or medicinal into the mix ... but leave it at that as I won't change my mind - and will not becoming a paramedic as can't "do" blood

Anyone that makes a large profit off putting people in jail on drug charges. They have lobbyists just as much as the NRA or the Copyright groups.
The only people I can think of that make large amounts of money from putting drug addicts in jail would be private jails, and maybe the lawyers that represent the suspects??

The drug dealers don't want their clients in jail - unless they can get drugs to them in jail.

The People and Gubb don't want addicts in jail because we are paying for them to be there.

Who else would there be? :confused:

The whole thing is driven by private prison profits. Even judges have been caught getting kickbacks from the prisons for putting more people away. A corrupt system.

The whole thing is driven by private prison profits. Even judges have been caught getting kickbacks from the prisons for putting more people away. A corrupt system.

It's happening in juvenile courts in the US as well.

Absolutely disgusting, immoral behaviour from the Courts. It reads like something out of an Orwellian dystopia.

Back