Fold Up Doors

Does anyone have any experience with fitting fold up doors into a house. I have an open plan room that will be North facing and 5500 wide and looking at door options and thought these were interesting and would allow me to open it right up.

http://airportdoors.com.au/foldup.htm

Any thoughts or comments greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Pete

I've seen a number of online photos of it done with see through garage doors. I think it would work well as long as you don't need fly screens and it suits you house. I don't think it's any cheaper than bifolds or stacking sliding doors though.

Some are ceiling mounted, some are fold up.

dcab23dd59ddf6548809ee9317dbe2e1.jpg

e5b6463f8dcb5e6084abd9268184340b.jpg

43baf0b01ef9e808f3e672738b57b85d.jpg

I love the idea. The photos Westminster put up show (in my opinion) where it works and where it doesn't.

The first house just looks wrong for this treatment, whilst the cafe looks great.

I think this works for a modern, industrial style house, warehouse conversion style, or ultra modern, but that house (in my eyes) doesn't suit the doors at all.

I saw it used once in a U-shaped courtyard where the whole wall just lifted out of the way. It was sensational.

Agreed.

The first one is actually a pool house and once you know that, it kind of makes sense. Very practical to be able to zoom up the doors in the pool house and have it like an open area then be able to have it weather proof in winter and use it as a rec room perhaps.

The stucture is ugly in my opinion so the garage doors don't help in that instance :rolleyes:

I think this works for a modern, industrial style house, warehouse conversion style, or ultra modern, but that house (in my eyes) doesn't suit the doors at all.

Exactly the look Im going for :) Will have a couple toys in the house so need at least one acting as a garage door into a living area and another opening onto the pool. These seem to be a viable option to bi-folds and stackers, particularly as no bottom tracks to get damaged and opening up the whole void.

Those ones that open out could also work as an awning if set up correctly. Thanks Westminster.

This plus a couple old bikes I have are too nice to have hidden away when not in use and working out how to get it in and out of the house easily led me to look at these :)

321_zps9e409b4a.jpg

Don't tell my DH that toys are allowed in the house :eek:

Another picture to inspire you - I think you have made a good point that if they fold on the outside they can double as an awning. Good one!

1733eda7126213464b94ab90844358e1.jpg

Back