food burnt in microwave: how to get rid of smell?

I was baking potatoes in the microwave .... peeled and wrapped in serviettes ... ended up setting the timer at 60 minutes instead of 6 ... and roughly 10-12mins later realised the mistake but it was too late. The potatoes came out black ... serviettes completely burnt and smoke everywhere :eek:

Now the damn microwave has the burnt smell .... and it spreads in the kitchen everytime I use it.

How do I get rid of the smell from microwave for good? (I have washed the glass bottom plate + wiped down the insides throughly)

Apparently you're not the only one.
If you go do a google search "how to get burnt smell out of microwave" it actually fills in the search for you from the drop down list box.

I was baking potatoes in the microwave .... peeled and wrapped in serviettes ... ended up setting the timer at 60 minutes instead of 6 ... and roughly 10-12mins later realised the mistake but it was too late. The potatoes came out black ... serviettes completely burnt and smoke everywhere :eek:

Now the damn microwave has the burnt smell .... and it spreads in the kitchen everytime I use it.

How do I get rid of the smell from microwave for good? (I have washed the glass bottom plate + wiped down the insides throughly)

Try removing the burnt potatoes.

Back