For Vendor Financiers Eyes Only

Hi,

Whether people realise it or not, vendor financing WILL become more regulated in Australia.

But regulation does not mean banning. All it means is that there will be a standard of best practice that, when followed, will make such transactions fair for everyone.

In Australia we currently have a very good form of regulation called the Australian Uniform Consumer Credit Code (UCCC) which applies to any loan (or credit) issued by a business where more than 50% is used for personal use.

Personal use is basically that which is not an investment. Some examples of personal use would be;

- a mortgage for your principal place of residence (PPOR)
- a holiday
- a car
- an interest free plan to buy electrical goods from Harvey Norman.

The Code regulates the layout and content of a loan contract and how the loans are managed, covering such aspects as;

- advance notice when fees are due
- how interest rate changes are applied
- record keeping and statements
- and a strict process that must be followed when a default occurs.

There is plenty of information available at the Government website at www.creditcode.gov.au

Now as a vendor financier myself, I soon learnt the difference between knowing what a wrap is and actually doing one. Like many in Australia I learnt the technique of vendor financing in a seminar, got my hands on a contract and began from there.

But finding the Client and Property is literally the beginning, it doesn't stop there. Once the contract begins you have to service it. Which is why vendor financing is more of a business than an investment.

Initially I, again like others did their statements in a spreadsheet (other's opting to use a combination of an accounting program and spreadsheet), but I soon realised this would just turn the whole thing into a job and what I wanted was a business.

My background is in managing mainframe systems with automation tools and my partner Yuchun is a professional software tester. So we spent some time working out something better.

Well it actually took 18 months, not including the 2 years we spent learning and implementing vendor finance contracts before that.

What we came up with was a program that would allow us to generate loan statements, issue fee notices and automatically alert us when a fee payment is late or a loan is in arrears.

We had a look at the various products that were available on the market at the time, and nothing suited us. And recently one of those products dropped their support.

As we developed our own solution we understood the need for a stable program too, which is why we spent so much time testing. If fact we engaged quite a few beta testers who are very experienced and successful vendor financiers in their own right.

Our goal was to have a stable reliable product. We concluded that if others do use our product that they should have a facility they could report problems, which is why we also have a dedicated forum for the users to log faults and to make suggestions.

I guess the only question at the moment is how much?

Put simply, we are charging $799, but we will offer an instalment payment plan for our initial purchasers. That's right we're offering vendor finance on our vendor finance software.

But we don't expect you to race out and buy it straight away (as much as we would like you to) which is why we offer the ability to download a free trial version of the product from our website.

The trial version has everything you'll find in the registered version, the only limits we have imposed are;

- you can only add/edit 1 client
- you can only add/edit 1 property
- you can only add/edit 1 loan
- you can only print 1 statement

With the ability to edit the client, property and loan, you can play around with the settings to see how each affects the reports.

Other than that you will get to see the user manual and all the panels and windows.

Yuch and I have been working on this for a long time and we're excited that its finally ready.

I'm quite happy to open this thread to questions, I believe our product is good and am proud of the result. So fire away!

By the way the website can be found at www.loanalert.com.au

Regards
Michael Gruber

Last edited:
Congratulations on it's completion MG and Yuchie!!!

It's been a long hard road since conception, and it's unceremonious start on that whiteboard in your dining room. hehe

I am really happy for you both and hope this new venture goes sucessfully!

asy :D :D :D

It's not as if the world needs more "lerts", now you are offing to lend them to people too ? Sheesh !

Loan-a-lert ?

Get it ?

hmm

I wonder why I bother with these jokes sometimes.

Anyway, good luck with the software MG and Yuch - I know how hard you've worked on it.

Hi,

Just to let people know, we've got a great special coming up, all the details are below (this is exactly how we have it on our homepage, so please excluse any such references)...

IF YOU’VE EVER WANTED TO MAKE WRAPPING EASIER, THEN THIS IS GOING TO BE THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU’LL EVER READ

“Learn how one tool can dramatically change the way you do vendor financing, saving you time and money, every day of the week!”

Hi Friend,

I’m pretty sure I know why you found our website, tell me, does this sound familiar?

“When I first heard about wrapping and wraparound mortgages, I thought vendor financing was the perfect way to make money, I thought this is going to be great. No more hassles with tenants. But then, doing it! No one told me how much of a hassle the paperwork could be!”

It’s familiar because most wrappers today use a system of spreadsheets and word processors to try and manage the documents necessary for wrapping.

But the problem with this is that its time consuming and can be prone to errors. And on top of all that, such a setup usually requires manual checking to detect late payments.

What if I told you there was a better way?

That one tool could automatically track loan arrears for you, create accurate loan statements and produce notices that are fully compliant with the Australian Consumer Credit Code?

Rather than try and list all the features here, I would like to invite you to check them out by clicking -> http://www.loanalert.com.au/content/page_10_0.html

And if you’re like me, pictures aren’t enough to convince me, which is why we have available a FREE trial version. You can download the trial version by clicking -> http://www.loanalert.com.au/content/page_93_0.html

LoanAlert is the ONLY product in Australia that will AUTOMATE the management of loan statements AND fees.

Which means LoanAlert is designed to be fully compliant with the Australian Uniform Consumer Credit Code.

Now you maybe wondering, “what if I buy it and feel it’s not for me?” Then if that is the case we also provide a 90 DAY MONEY BACK GURANTEE!

“Hang on, money back? You haven’t even told me the price yet!”

Fair statement, LoanAlert retails for $799, which is less than the trip to a solicitor for good legal advice, and much, much cheaper than bad legal advice. To place your order click -> http://www.loanalert.com.au/content/page_84_0.html

$799! But it’s Christmas! I spent my money on presents! So how about we present a Christmas gift to you?

Have a look below…

LIMITED OFFER

How would you like to start the New Year, with a brand new business? You would feel like you have a new business if you used LoanAlert. So how does this sound…

If you make a New Years resolution to try LoanAlert with our 90 money back guarantee, we will offer you a special offer that will make buying LoanAlert irresistible.

Here’s the deal…

Anyone who takes up our New Years Resolution Limited Offer pays a $49 deposit now and then six (6) monthly instalments of $125.

This offer is strictly limited to orders received from Monday the 22nd of December till Wednesday the 31st of December.

If you haven’t made your New Years Resolution to buy LoanAlert by New Years Eve, you will have missed out on this special offer.

To take advantage of this great offer, click -> http://www.loanalert.com.au/content/page_95_0.html

LoanAlert will then be shipped Monday the 5th of January after the offer period.

Regards
Michael Gruber

Product Annoucement: LoanAlert Lite

Hi,

It's me again, just wanted to let people know that finally after months of work we've finally finished the new version of LoanAlert, version 1.01.

We're really proud of v1.01 because we've been able to fix alot of bugs that we missed previously and were able to implement a few suggestions from our users.

But that's not the best part...

The best thing about v1.01 is that we were able to incorporate LoanAlert Lite.

LoanAlert Lite is a trimmed down version of the Standard product, which means for those just starting out you can use all of LoanAlert's great features to manage a couple of loans for just a $150.

And when your business grows, you can simply upgrade to Standard without the need to reinstall anything!

Not only did we make LoanAlert cheaper, we've also managed to incorporate a few discount vouchers as well, good stuff like;

- a FREE 30 minute legal consulatation with Cordato Parters on vendor finance.

- a FREE 30 minute coaching session with TLC Matters

- a discount voucher when you host a website with Quadra Hosting.

Plus some marketing gold in the form of reports full of hints and tips from Direct Marketing Guru Brett McFall

For more information go to LoanAlert.com.au

Regards
Michael Gruber

Back