Forum etiquette, for some, sadly missing !

I thought SS was a relatively civilized & intelligent forum but lately I noticed a shift, for the worse. I don't mind people have different opinions. But for some relatively newcomers and 1 or 2 particular posters it seems okay to personal attacks & use unrespectful terms such as : most stupid, useless, fool, dumb, dxxk, .............. etc etc. The tone was totally aggressive and not helping anyone or cause one bit, all they do is to lower the standard of SS. Let's keep it above the belt or we will all end up exchanging gutter quarrels. And some people also have a tendency to gang up, that's not fair go.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people are struggling financially at the moment (interest rates up, food prices up, childcare up, almost everything has gone up) and don't care to admit it. usually when people ae struggling they tend to lash out particularly if it raises fears that they already have (e.g. they are worried house prices might drop and when someone talks about them dropping they explode because it just increases the fear they already have).

It is also easy to read a post the wrong way because of the lack of facial expressions, tone, etc. I am guilty of having misread one of Rob's recent posts because I was too tired. Didn't lash out at him but read his post totally wrong.

Unfortunately as we continue to plod along, or if things become worse, then this will just increase. Just got to keep friends and family close and realise that for most of us we will never meet the people from here so although we may enjoy the conversation their lives really don't have any impact on our own.

Yes agree those individuals don't mean one raspberry, but do they have to be so unpleasant ?
It's more the personality of certain posters and it reflects on their comments in the forum - total lack of respect for fellow SS members. Someone uses disrespectful/deroglative terms in real life will use disrespectful/deroglative terms in cyberspace, and all they got is the same in return.

Last edited:
I thought SS was a relatively civilized & intelligent forum but lately I noticed a shift, for the worse. I don't mind people have different opinions. But for some relatively newcomers and 1 or 2 particular posters it seems okay to personal attacks & use unrespectful terms such as : most stupid, useless, fool, dumb, dxxk, .............. etc etc. The tone was totally aggressive and not helping anyone or cause one bit, all they do is to lower the standard of SS. Let's keep it above the belt or we will all end up exchanging gutter quarrels. And some people also have a tendency to gang up, that's not fair go.

From what I seen you made this into a much larger issue than it needed to be and took the comments of a poster personally. To say the thread was stupid didn't seem to be a personal attack at you but they were expressing their view and really the thread was quite stupid as many members also agreed. I mean what was the point of a thread about 2 ex members and trying to show us this other property forum? If they left then so be it, why start a thread about two people you even proclaim to not know? :eek:

From what I seen you were the one who acted immaturely by then going to the posters own threads and disrupting and taking them off topic. This was your eye for an eye thinking as you have mentioned. Then you started squealing for moderators to close your own thread as you realized how embarrassing and stupid it all was. :confused:

Now your still whinging and crying over it, give it up! As your sig says, be a MAN!

Then you started squealing for moderators to close your own thread as you realized how embarrassing and stupid it all was. :confused:
Just listen to the abrasive tone in a very very short post, and no I refuse to use the s word, you didn't get your fact straight before opening the mouth.
Remember gutter quarrels & lowering SS standards ?!
If a thread you don't like, just move on go to other threads, there are plenty, it doesn't give anyone the right to be rude or abusive.
"Treat your SS fellow members with respect & courtesy, don't use belittle/rude language, and above the line".
That's my advice, it will do you good.

Last edited:
with respect "on the move".....your the maker of your own destiny ol mate...... in your last thread about WW and your motto at the end of each of your posts that you now have is not a great way to start 2011.

if you have an axe to grind so be it but dont be surprised if others are wielding a shotgun while your holding your axe...

change your motto and get back to reality.

peace out and all that stuff..............

this is exactly why forums need moderation from the administrators.
If its personal, delete, no questions, no explainations.

There always needs to be ' big boss', and for somersoft, its the moderators.
So cut them some slack.

I thought SS was a relatively civilized & intelligent forum

ROTFLMAO That's a good one! Got any more jokes? :rolleyes:

Whatever anyone posts is there opinion, including thinking something is useless, dumb, stupid etc.
If you think someone calling your post useless is a personal attack, then your the one that needs to lighten up and step out of the bubble.

ROTFLMAO That's a good one! Got any more jokes? :rolleyes:

Whatever anyone posts is there opinion, including thinking something is useless, dumb, stupid etc.
If you think someone calling your post useless is a personal attack, then your the one that needs to lighten up and step out of the bubble.

Yeah I didn't think it was that big a deal either, I think there's been worse interactions / arguments that that, besides, on the move's reply set them straight ayway..

ROTFLMAO That's a good one! Got any more jokes?
Yep u r the biggest joke.
You know it was more than that.
So should we have a recommendation from SS from now on to use "useless, dumb, stupid, most stupid, fool, a.... etc." on each other. I bet you would love it when someone call you that. Next time when I see any post from
Piston Broke I shall attach these words automatically.

So a blast from the past, the same caste from the WW thread, another ground hog day ?!

If you care to read my original opening :
"I thought SS was a relatively civilized & intelligent forum but lately I noticed a shift, for the worse. I don't mind people have different opinions. But for some relatively newcomers and 1 or 2 particular posters it seems okay to personal attacks & use unrespectful terms such as : most stupid, useless, fool, dumb, dxxk, .............. etc etc. The tone was totally aggressive and not helping anyone or cause one bit, all they do is to lower the standard of SS. Let's keep it above the belt or we will all end up exchanging gutter quarrels. And some people also have a tendency to gang up, that's not fair go."

There was no mention/refer of any WW thread (is there so much hatred). This thread is about lack of forum etiquette in some. I deliberately not to mention any name so there was no personal attack, if one chooses to expose oneself. It's very easy to use insulting remarks. If there is more than one on one, then you are a coward & a pack of hyenas. Go rambling on, I am having fun.

Last edited:
Dude,

You mentioned in your post most stupid

I & Piston Broke obviously read that bit and remembered the exact words being used.

Hey dude u r all confused. That's the insulting words from this dude Homebuyau. Must be too late for u ! So far I've been refrained from being rude, I know how to be rude, bring it on, I am having more fun.

You mentioned in complaint on your first post that people used terms like "most stupid"

Piston & I remembered where that was used, by whoemever it was I cant remember their name, that's why Piston posted what he did about if you take that as a personal insult......

It was funny that you got angry at piston broke for mentionging that thread when you did it first and his post was repsonding to that like you do in a thread.

And I also remembered your own repsonse to him, you called his post the same thing he called your thread.

So I guess we're all as good and bad as each other most of the time.

Who knew ?

What do you mean about "must be too late for me"? Is that you again doing what you're complaining others are doing in the title & first post of this thread of yours ?

what the fcuk are you on man ?

are you taking the p1ss out of people randomly now ?

I was simply trying to be serious.

We can all ignore your thread instead if that's what you prefer (?)

what the fcuk are you on man ?
We can all ignore your thread instead if that's what you prefer (?)
Running out of your arsenal of decent language, now it's 4 letter word. Very charming.
PLs do because you clowns are not adding any value & all of u are not welcome, or better still u can all disappear. This thread was not connected to the WW thread in any way shape or form until you clowns came along. U need some sleep. May be tomorrow when the other clowns wake up they can give u a hand because u clowns need to be in a pack. It must be fun when u were in a pack to gang up on one last time, now u are naked by yourself. U r all cowards.
Oh and Rachel dear don't worry I won't ask the moderator to close the thread, because I am rolling into the gutter with u.

What's the matter man ?

I didn't know we were enemies or wheatever ?

Why are you so angry at me ? Did I really offend you ?

Sorry if I did.

Back