Frankston

I am just wondering what peoples thoughts are currently about Frankston. I have had a few issues finding tenants recently. Both properties are just south of the Frankston Football Ground, off Kar St. My rental is still the same as it was 3-4 years ago and its taken longer to get a tenant. Is this common in Frankston now, or do i need to update my kitchens as the 1970's style no longer cuts the mustard?

Toony, definitely a slowing rental market based on feedback i have received. Up to 6 weeks to get tenants. :(

My properties have had a rental review for both properties in the past weeks and the advice from the agent was not to increase rents. I ignored it, but increased one for a tenant that I know was not going to leave by $5pw to $385pw. The other tenant was vacating and have increased the rent from $220 to $230 against the advice from the REA. It is available from 9/12, so a little time yet. We will see what happens. These properties are actually on Kars St.

As for the style, there is a market at all rentals, but with greater stock, you have more choice, so that might impact on the time it takes to rent at your desired rental. Depending on your appetite for vacancy period, you may need to meet the market. If your rental price hasn't moved for 3-4 years, then it either needs a makeover or sell it

I wont sell. They are in Nolan and George Streets. I just checked my spreadsheets. Rents have increased by 25% over a four year period, but the rent now is the same as two years ago. I think its just the market. But i will look at upgrading the kitchens over the next few years. If I spend $10k, I would like to increase the rent by $40 a week for a 20% return on that $10k.

I like Ballarto rd end of Frankston North. Location wise it's 2.5km down Seaford rd to Seaford beach. It's 1km down Frankston Dandenong rd to the on ramp of Eastlink / peninsula link. It's also really close to Aldi and Belvedere cnr shops. The houses and locals are no worse or better than Karingal but location is much better. I've noticed a lot of tradesman utes in driveways. Lots of reno work going on

Back