Free power?

I've just noticed I haven't had a power bill for a year and a half ...wooops:D obviously everything is still on and operating , wouldn't they of shut it off by now if the bill was being sent somewhere else and no one was paying it?

Pretty sure I remember connecting it when I moved in as I disconnected the last place I was in

Last edited:
I've just noticed I haven't had a power bill for a year and a half ...wooops:D obviously everything is still on and operating , wouldn't they of shut it off by now if the bill was being sent somewhere else and no one was paying it?

I had 2 friends who this happened to. One got 3 years of free electricity till the supplier caught on. They got a letter stating the were only allowed to bill them for the previous 6 months by law, so they ended up with 2 and a half years free.
they other got 1 year free I think.
Im not sure how it happens.

I moved into a new house same time as my neighbours. Central heating on during the Melbourne winter.

Young neighbours getting around in shorts all winter and I asked how they could afford the gas bill. Cheap they said.

Seems their new home was on the corner and the bill was being sent to the other street they fronted. After a year they got the bill and had to get a credit union loan to pay it.

Just be careful that it may catch up with you.

Is this Energy Australia? EA has a bad rep. See
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2054444&p=29

In Victoria, invoice periods over nine months old cannot be included. Also, if an invoice is late, then you can pay using the degree of lateness as a basis. For example, if the invoice is six months late you can pay that over six months. There should be a regulator that can advise on this point.

Four Corners two days ago discussed solar and stored energy. Las Vegas will be fully solar.

Back