Funny things kids come out with...

Just a light hearted topic, I wanted to share a couple of the funny things my kids have come out with.

My daughter when she was about 3 would sing along with the music we had on. The first being "Puppadum Peach!" by Madonna. Other times she would request we put "The Koala Jar" song on the keyboard (La Cuccaracha*)

Not to be outdone, my son is 2 nearly 3 said the other day,
"Look a Cat Pillow!" translation = 'Look a catapiller!' It's said with such conviction and enthusiam. :)

This post was very self indulgent but feel free to share :p

*This is probably spelt wrong, apologies if so.

on teasday nights we all get together and watch "packed to the rafters" except our 8 year old she watches packed to the afters, lol.
few days before fathersday, i said to her, all i wanted from her is lots of hugs and kisses, daddy only needs them, and on the day i got a little love heart package, and a note, their are 100 hugs and 100 kisses in this box , and carry it around so if you need one you can get it when you like . very special, :)

Funny things foreigners come out with... I was teaching a friend some Australian slang and two of the phrases I taught her were:

"Shut your pie hole"
and
"Hold your tongue"

...Then about two weeks later we were talking and I was telling her off for something and all of a sudden she says "HOLD YOUR PIE!" and I just burst out laughing.

Funny things foreigners come out with... I was teaching a friend some Australian slang and two of the phrases I taught her were:

"Shut your pie hole"
and
"Hold your tongue"

...Then about two weeks later we were talking and I was telling her off for something and all of a sudden she says "HOLD YOUR PIE!" and I just burst out laughing.

I thinks it's hilarious when foreigners mix up their English words :)

Funniest thing said to me was about 30 years ago. I was minding the two-and-a-half year old next door child when I said I was going to change the sheets.

She looked at me sympathetically and said "did you wet the bed?"
Marg

Master Four had a nightmare the other night and wanted his 'real mummy', he was convinced that I was a pretend mummy that had been taken over by an 'alien life force' and I had to answer a series of VERY technical questions and sing our special song just to convince him it was me! 45 minutes later... perhaps it was the fact that I was wearing no makeup... hmmmmm....

Alysha

www.gatherumgoss.com

My 3 year old daughter comes out with some clangers but the best by far would be when she was around 2 years old and still in a cot.

When she needed a nappy change I used to cup her nappy and jiggle it a bit to feel weather I was dealing with a wet or pooy nappy and ask her if she had done a wee or a poo.

One morning, my husband went into her room to get her up, he only had his boxers on. She stood up in her cot put her arm through the bars, cupped his bits, jiggled them up and down and said "Did Daddy do a poo"?.:eek:

My husband was so taken by surprise, he was rendered speachless for a few seconds thinking of how to answer to a 2 year old female why he had a "lump" in his pants.

He then gave up and said "yes, daddy's done a poo".:eek:

I couldn't look at him for about 30 mins without laughing, still makes me giggle.

These stories make me feel old, but they're still awesome :D

When my 2 year old makes an effort, he can say helicopter, but he much prefers his version: helitata
Birthday cake is still often called happy cake, which i agree sounds so much better.
One of his girlfriends just had her 3rd birthday. I asked him what he wanted to buy her, and he says "buy pink!"
I say "Ok, that's nice, but buy pink what?"
He has a good think about it making the hmmm sound, which i think sounds hillarious, and then comes out with "Buy pink flower!"
The next day he had revised his order to "Buy lots of pink flowers!" And yes, i've seen a few of the girls at childcare kiss him every now and then, i dunno what goes on when i'm not there :confused:

I love the stories. I can't think of any atm...I'm sure I will have one in a couple of days!:D

Children are SO precious.

Having an 8 year gap between my middle and youngest is just delightful.

Watching my older children take care of their little brother...feeding, bathing him....it is just like the look on your partners face when they see their child for the first time....or after a long days work.

Anyone out there with older children thinking about having more...DO IT!

I get to enjoy Santa and The Easter Bunny for at least another 10 years!:eek::D

Regards JO

My Nearly four year old DD had an accident last night in her bed. She was soo tired we had to wake her up, then change her clothes and moved her into another bed. Well this morning she woke up very confused as to why she was in a different bed in different clothes and flat out refused to beleive us that she wet the bed. Because "i'm a big girl mummy, I use the toilet!"

Kids say lots of funny things. They're also straight to the point and honest. One of mine thinking he was tackful asked my neighbour who is debilitatingly obese if he had scales :confused:

More than once they've corrected me when telling someone something they didn't think was correct (their misinterpertation of events) and made me look like a liar.

And more than once they've corrected me when bending the truth to excuse myself from attending an event :eek:.

Jo, spacing kids worked for us too. The young one looks up and admires his big bro and the older one adores and teaches (good in this case :p) the younger one. I'm sure the lack of rivalry is partly because of the age difference.

To my surprise they love spending time together. Even if they're quietly doing different things they'll often be in the same room doing it. Very cute to see :).

Anyone out there with older children thinking about having more...DO IT!
Mine are 7 years 11 days apart (nice round number, eh?) and the smallest is almost 2. I'm kinda running out of time to have any more and wouldn't have anywhere to put more anyway ...

These two get on like a house on fire. The little one plays with the lego, marbles, little plastic animals, doll's house etc. The big one plays with the wooden blocks and empty cardboard boxes :rolleyes: I don't know why I even bothered separating out all the baby toys for the baby.

I just remembered, when my (now 29 year old) little sister was a toddler, she used to sing the alphabet like this...

A B C D E F G, H I J K mella mella P

i will never forget at a family function when junior (3 at the time, i think) came out with "when i grow up and have hair on my nudie .... "

can't remember what she was going to do when she grew up, we just rolled around on the floor laughing so much.

Last edited:
my 2½ year old is toilet trainging.

we had him sitting on the dunny first, but he started watching me go and wants to stand up.

he's pretty tall, so he can get it all to come together as it should.

so anyway, one day he proclaims he has to go. i give the hurried "well go ! quickly!" and he runs off and i hear him yell back

"...i'm just gonna hang my fella over the edge okay?..."

Back