Gas exploration on Fraser Coast

about time they have been talking about this for a while now

"BLUE Energy and joint venture partner Beach Energy will start the exploration process for commercial quantities of gas in the Fraser Coast region after being granted two more exploration tenements in the Maryborough Basin.

The new permits extend the group's prospective area from around Maryborough, Hervey Bay and Burrum Heads towards Bundaberg."

Source: http://www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/news/search-gas-maryborough-basin-set-step-notch/1712706/
Background

The joint venture to extract more than 20 trillion cubic feet natural gas reserves in the Maryborough basin took a step forward last week.
Blue Energy and Beach Energy were granted two new exploration permits, bringing the total area of the joint venture to 2984sq km stretching between Maryborough, Hervey Bay, Burrum Heads and Bundaberg.
The US Energy Information Agency has identified a risked recoverable resource of 23 trillion cubic feet. Blue Energy will spend the next six to 12 months conducting environmental surveys and consulting with relevant stakeholders before it begins drilling.

other projects investors maybe interested in the area

http://www.tiarocoal.com.au
http://www.northernenergy.com.au/projects/maryborough/

Market is slowly showing movement in the beach side suburbs around Hervey bay Maryborough and Bundaberg already for good quality homes and quality rental properties are getting hard to come by.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of this one.

I bet if they do get significant quantities of gas, it mostly gets exported out of Gladstone.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of this one.

I bet if they do get significant quantities of gas, it mostly gets exported out of Gladstone.

yep most of the projects in the area will be exporting via Gladstone

Plenty of resources in the Maryborough basin problem is getting everything through Derm etc.

It will be interesting to see what develops.. this is only exploration at this stage so possibly a few years off from any developments!

It will be interesting to see what develops.. this is only exploration at this stage so possibly a few years off from any developments!

yep however aldershot colton project is ready to go it's being held up by red tape

was supposed to be in construction mode months ago

ok so with floods, tornados, storm surges.. etc etc for the wide bay...

it will be interesting to watch what the house prices do along with insurance rates!!!

hervey bay along the water front gets storm surges, but no river flooding, as the river mouth is quite a bit away from the bay itself. But still get a king tide with a storm surge and you have the ocean coming up into the esplande itself, and can go a few streets back in some of the lower areas.

Maryborough and Bundy are both suffering major flooding, with Bundy being a lot more severly affected, more homes/businesses under, and more ppl affected.

hervey bay generally gets cut off when it floods

most of the area doesn't get affected by flooding very badly but will get cut off if access to bruce highway is affected and can run low on supplies mostly due to panic buying.

I am a few houses from a water way and 400 metres to the beach we never got flooded after a 480ml

Back