GE no cap above 95% for Investments

Initially, this lower LVR change was flowing through mainly mortgage managers, but it looks like its going through at least some lenders with DUA

STG being one

From Monday 15th April, investment purchases will be limited to a max LVR of 95% INCLUDING LMI. Applications in the pipeline prior to that date will be honoured. Any lodged on or after the 15th will be subject to the new policy being brought in by Genworth.

Id expect CBA and AMP et al to follow

ta
rolf

For most investors, this isn't going to be quite as bad as it sounds. If they had applied it across the board, then the first home buyers would be in trouble.

Chances are that'll still happen though.

interestingly they specified no cap on 95 regardless of the purpose of the loan. For genworth its the purpose of the security which gives the restrictions, rather than the purpose of the loan.

CBA as well

The maximum LVR (including capitalised LMI/LDP) for any new Home/Investment Loan or Top Up where security is fully or partially held over an investment property will be 95%. This also includes loans involving security guarantors who are providing an investment property as security.

ta
rolf

Genworth!!...they load LMI premiums by 10% for IP's (and another 10% for the poor old self employed) then they make their lenders capp at max base LVR 92%- 93% LVR

What does it mean / what are they seeing?

The maximum LVR (including capitalised LMI/LDP) for any new Home/Investment Loan or Top Up where security is fully or partially held over an investment property will be 95%. This also includes loans involving security guarantors who are providing an investment property as security.

ta
rolf

this is interesting, i had lunch yesterday with one of the heads of credit with CBA and no mention about this when i was asking about upcoming policy changes.

Genworth!!...they load LMI premiums by 10% for IP's (and another 10% for the poor old self employed) then they make their lenders capp at max base LVR 92%- 93% LVR

What does it mean / what are they seeing?

Yes I agree its pretty scary stuff and for what is worth I think its going to be a massive shift in the property industry.

Regards

Shahin

you would think there would be some consultation with their partners prior to rolling it out.

there is and was, but not at that sort of level.

Risk is a coporate rather than a distribution channel thing I guess.

Writing was on the wall weeks ago though, all the Mortgage Managers got wind of it, and pre announced it.

I do like your "partner" verbage - youd think that would be exactly it, a symbiotic relationship.

ta
rolf

Poor old genworth so conflicted. If some of their underwritters had their way they wouldn't write any business at all. That would be a good solid business.

Poor old genworth so conflicted. If some of their underwritters had their way they wouldn't write any business at all. That would be a good solid business.

I have always said that LMI providers arel like car insurers.............but we will only provide cover if you dont take it out of the garage :)

ta
rolf

Back