Geraldton

Hi Guys,

I bought a 2 bedroom house in Tarcoola Beach near Geraldton about 2 years back. The house is located close to the beach and on a large block. I bought in the area hoping for capital growth but it looks like the market is fairly stagnant. I believe Geraldton has potential in that it has varied industries, population growth and a changing demographic however the uncertainty of the Oakagee Port seems to be the big thing holding the town back. What are your opinions on geraldtons future with or without Oakagee?:confused:

Barnett said the other day that Oakajee would happen. at the moment your property is probably priced in as if it wont happen, so I would hold if possible

No given that regional will follow. Perth prices have risen because of supply issues. Geraldton is in massive oversupply, houses units the works. Oakajee goes ahead Geraldton will move. No Oakajee then could take another 5 years to catch up. Hope I am wrong but there are properties still on the market that I looked at 2 years ago.

Back