Get your For Sale sign off my fence!

It's always interesting to see how long the REA leaves the sign up after the property has sold- more free advertising for them and their agency.

Funny one was where I took down the sign after buying a property. A week after I removed the sign they came and knocked on the door to ask for it back. I gave them an earful that they should have removed it immediately and told them it went to the tip. A very disappointed RE departed the property.

Cheers

Funny one was where I took down the sign after buying a property. A week after I removed the sign they came and knocked on the door to ask for it back. I gave them an earful that they should have removed it immediately and told them it went to the tip. A very disappointed RE departed the property.

Those signs cost ~$200! No wonder they were cranky. Mind you, it's their own fault for not organising to pick it up or make contact.

$200! How much did they charge the vendor? $1000??

I have moved on since the neighbour apologised and I do not need drama. I do not want to induce labour this soon! From what I saw last weekend there was a lot of interest from FHB. I think he will get his sale really soon. I had a look at the sign and it says exemplary townhouse, with only a picture of the kitchen. I hope nobody knocks on my door (house, not townhouse) asking to have a look cos it's on the market.

REA talked my ear off again and kept apologising. As soon as the Sold sign goes up, I will ring him and keep chasing him. Perhaps like you guys suggested, I should get my solicitor friend to send them a bill :p

Back