getting back at the banks

Is anybody else sick of receiving unsolicited credit card offers from their
banks. I get a few from here and there, but I get at least 2 a month
from my everyday bank ANZ. I figure they mine their data to match
up income earners who don't have credit cards issued by them.

My revenge is to seal the (empty) self addressed envelopes and pop
them in with my outgoing mail. Old trick I know, but it makes me feel
a little better.

Anybody got a more interesting story of getting their own back?

andy

Have you tried asking them not to send junk mail.

I asked Telstra to stop sending ADSL stuff because I can't get ADSL, and they contacted me and apologised and I haven't had any since :D

I get infuriated by the unsolicited phone calls. Most recently from banks - when they open with "How are you today" I'm hard pressed to be polite. and then the blurb "you have been SELECTED by Westpac to receive this special information" - how stupid do they think we are and what sort of inane training do the unfortunate employees have to endure to learn this crap. I wonder if they go home happy at the end of the day having fulfilled their quotas :eek:

Have used a few strategies but the one that works best is to say that I'm really interested in your information how about you give me your private number and I'll ring you at home when you are cooking dinner and we can discuss it. :p

Andrew said:
Somebody has to pay the 50c for the reply paid envelope.

andy

If you're a client of ANZ, i guess those 50c reply paid envelopes are ultimately being paid by yourself! I guess banks like any other business always get the clients to cover their costs through extra bank fees etc.

G'day Bawley,

Thanks for this:-
Have used a few strategies but the one that works best is to say that I'm really interested in your information how about you give me your private number and I'll ring you at home when you are cooking dinner and we can discuss it.
Great for a laugh - well done :D

Regards,

Anybody got a more interesting story of getting their own back?

Andy,
maybe just wait till the next time one of the big five banks sets the newspapers alight with news of higher levels of bad debts or money problems
or some executives million dollar payout,then as always the price drops
then you buy and wait till the newspapers spin the high dividends and sell.
it works for me..
good luck
willair

I am about to give my Bank "which bank" the big A!

Promises of service and no delivery and MORE fees. :mad:

After I leave I propose to write to some boss in marketing (high up) explaining in detail who much Ii had with them, how they lost in future plans and credit card purchases ( $10K amonth) and what the did wrong. :p

Let them Network that one! :rolleyes:

Peter 147

How about...

Instead of writing them a letter explaining everything that was overpromised, underdelivered, overcharged and just forgotten, why not write the head of marketing to tell them you are leaving the bank, taking your business which generated $xxxxx per month/year whatever and ask them to call you to discuss it.

If...and i mean if...they call

Tell them they will need a security code, then ask some stupid identity questions that anyone could find out. When the enquire as to the reason for departure advise them that will require an audit of your records and cost approximately $$$$.

Bottom line what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Why tell them on ways to improve their service if it has not benefited you.

OSS

Andrew said:
Somebody has to pay the 50c for the reply paid envelope.

andy

Yeah, everyone who banks with 'em. The admin fees we all pay (to whatever bank we are with) goes to the administration of the whole organisation not just the administration of your particular account.

You could send it "return to sender' with a note on the front "please remove from your database" (do a sticker if you don't want to keep writing it).

Personally I just live with it. It makes me feel good to say "no thank you" out loud as I recycle it and know I am eschewing do-dads of consumerism and choosing to work towards a secure future.

Just me of course...good luck anyway

Back