Getting comparable sales data for Victoria

Well, we've had an offer on our PPOR which we're going to accept! It's above the recent bank val and pretty close to our original asking price.

The next step is finding somewhere to live!!

There is a property that we're very interested in, and has been on the market for about the same length of time as ours, but I'm convinced it is overpriced. (Is this just because I'm the purchaser this time? :eek:)

The RPData suburb sales report doesn't list addresses (aargh, Victoria!) according to the sample, so I'm not really sure what my $49.95 is going to get me. I'm happy to pay for useful data! I've used street reports for Qld before and was very happy with them. Can't remember exactly who I got them from (was a few years ago).

Would this one from residex be more accurate?

I'm trying to sift through http://www.onthehouse.com.au as well.

So:
  1. I know sales data in Victoria is relatively difficult to find; can anyone suggest a suitable source for finding RECENT comparable sales? Do I just need to find a friendly local REA? (Like the one selling our house?) Or would one of these data providers be suitable?
  2. Is there anyone here who can find me the appropriate data, through their own subscriptions/sources? (eg, landata)

If there is an answer to 2), please PM me for the locality or other necessary information.

WobblyCarl,

My understanding is that privacy laws prohibit showing the detailed address on the reports in VIC, however APM has managed to combine a few databases and their reports show selling price, pictures of sold houses, date, number of rooms, lands size and street name on their report. Combine APM with the information from Oldlistings website and you can figure out how much each house sold for and how much asking price was.

If someone knows more straight forward method please let me know as well. :confused: Looking for the next IP. :D

Unfortuntely PDS Live does not exist in your state, but believe it or not, real estate agents can actually be a wealth of information when it comes to this sort of thing. Call up a few different agents of the area and ask for a detailed list of comparable sales which have been sold and settled in the last 3 months. If they try to give you that crap about the privacy act just tell them that you will go elsewhere to purchase

The data in Victoria is limited because the valuer general only sells two licenses to re sell their data. The REIV and RP Data have the current licenses.
Www.myhomeguru.com.au and www.ozhomevalue.com.au are lead generation sites owned by www.Realestate.com.Au (REA) and they provide subscribing agents access to sales advise prior to settlement. Be very careful with this info as there is a big push from agents to provide incorrect data because many agents are sick of paying for leads from the REA who use our own intellectual property to provide the reports.
I personally have a national subscription to pdslive, Rpdata and reiv for Victoria. Call www.forsaleforlease.com.au on 1300622300 and ask for Fiona. She can provide them to you. I am in the process of automatically providing these reports on www.choosemyrealestaeagent.com.au without the need of any agent contact for free which is a work in progress.

Back