Getting sales data direct from DNRW

I am getting a bit frustrated with how slow RP Data is at posting new sales. By the time I get the data it is 2 - 3 months out of date (and it costs me $45 per report).

The Queensland Department of Natural Resources and Water says that you can get computerised search results direct from them:

For particulars contained in a notice under section 81 of the Valuation of Land Act 1944 given as an of entry in a copy of a monthly computer listing - for each entry $0.72

Section 81 of the Valuation Act is the section that says you have to make a filing when you sell land.

Does anyone know how you go about getting these records at this (very cheap) price?

I believe that onthehouse.com.au only reports sales prices as reported to them by real estate agents.

I believe that real estate agents consistently inflate sale prices when they report them to other sources. Today in the Courier Mail property section is a sale for a property that I bought but the sale price reported is $20k more than I paid. I wouldnt have been stupid enough to pay that price :p

Hi Boomtown,

onthehouse obtains its sales data direct from Qld and NSW Governments for use on the sold property reports. Where agent advice is used to display a sale, we will advise that this is the case. Display of sales data from ACT, NT and WA will be coming in the next few months once the technology required to display this information has been developed.

To answer your initial question regarding the 2-3 month delay, this is simply due to the Qld conveyancing process. After settlement of a property, the solicitor/bank must lodge the documents with the DNR which may take some time, afterwhich the documents will go through the usual processes within DNR itself.

I hope this assists...

Hello LaurenD

Love your site. Statistics wise, how is the site comparing to the incumbents (RPData and co.) You guys n girls must be stealing market share.

I maybe even considering buying advertising space on your site soon.
Aaron

Last edited:
GC

Sale date is always the date the contract is signed ( ... and probably the date you put down the deposit).

Cheers
LynnH

Back