Gingerbread Man recipe - tried and true

I'm a brides maid and want to make something fun for the Bridal Shower. A little bride and groom out of gingerbread and some heart cookies around them.

Anyone able to help me do my bride's maidly duties?

I have googled and read up on gingerbread man recipes.
But I'd prefer a "tried and true" recipe from the kitchen of a Somersoft Forumite.

Anyone able to share one?

I have googled and read up on gingerbread man recipes. But I'd prefer a "tried and true" recipe from the kitchen of a Somersoft Forumite.

Anyone able to share one?

You probably won't like this option, but the gingerbread man mix you can buy in the supermarkets where they have cake mix etc work out pretty well and come with decorations too.

You probably won't like this option, but the gingerbread man mix you can buy in the supermarkets where they have cake mix etc work out pretty well and come with decorations too.

yuck bland cardboard.

sorry i don't have a receipe for the biscuit version ... i prefer gingerbread with double ginger.

Have a great gingerbread man / house recipe I use all the time. I don't have time to type it up at the moment, but will try and remember tomorrow. The biggest tip I can tell you with gingerbread is to use treacle (not golden syrup, like a lot of recepies use) and dark brown sugar (not just brown sugar). These things just make the flavour stronger and gives a darker colour to the gingerbread. I also like to add a little extra ground ginger for a stronger flavour, but my DH prefers it with just the regular amount.

I LOVE gingerbread :D

That is a great site.

The reviews are good in that they help minimize the hit and misses you sometimes get with new recipes.

I had to edit the post because I was logged on to the link :eek:.

Found one online that had user comments. Like Weg found.

Attachments

• gingerbride gingergroom.jpg
    gingerbride gingergroom.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 50
That's a pic of the ones I made.
Lucky for me I thought to make a stunt double bride.
It was pressed into service when the 1st gingerbride cracked in half as I was moving her to a serving platter.
Disaster averted.

It went well. A lovely day.

Back