Glen Waverley

I remember back in those days where the average price was less than 400's

Oh ye.... I bought in GW in 2005 ($450k) done a subdivision and still here....every house is bought by Chinese.

House around the corner (corner block) was sold for $1m with a double story house. Bought by Chinese. They settled and demolished the house and now for sale again.....

old houses are going for 1m+ within 2km of GW central......crazy

Oh ye.... I bought in GW in 2005 ($450k) done a subdivision and still here....every house is bought by Chinese.

House around the corner (corner block) was sold for $1m with a double story house. Bought by Chinese. They settled and demolished the house and now for sale again.....

old houses are going for 1m+ within 2km of GW central......crazy

Well for RMB 6M, you cannot buy similar homes overseas, so, I guess its still cheap?! :eek:

HI All,

" Then you are seeking advice for? "

This house need a 30-40K reno and location?

MI

After your 30-40k reno, how much would you think it will be worth then?
Have a look at similar properties and how much they are fetching

As RedWood suggested properties are selling in this area for 1M+, now, can you achieve this? If so, how?

If the end value works out, then go for it.
Just remember to factor in the holding cost, and good luck on the search

Luckily my partner has 2 properties in the centre of Shanghai - should feed the family for a while....

Cheers, Ivan

Your partner (he/she) should be doing just fine.
However, the market is tipped to drop, inside knowledge ;)

If you partner is a women, then good luck to you.
If you partner is a man, then lucky you
Kidding....

Your partner (he/she) should be doing just fine.
However, the market is tipped to drop, inside knowledge ;)

If you partner is a women, then good luck to you.
If you partner is a man, then lucky you
Kidding....

Gees mate, Ivan means i'm a bloke, the missus is a beautiful chinese girl....:D Her parents are moving here and price range is $2-3million, nice price range hey!:)

So around the corner from me - sold 6 months ago with house on it corner block - 750sqm . 6 months ago sold for $990k and they demolished the house, so its a level block, now selling for $1.3m plus. Of course when I ring the agent, firstly has no voicemail on his mobile, secondly hardly speaks of word of english and thirdly was an absolute tosser. I guess professionalism goes out of the real estate business in GW too - after all the buyers are all chinese.

Cheers, Ivan

Gees mate, Ivan means i'm a bloke, the missus is a beautiful chinese girl....:D Her parents are moving here and price range is $2-3million, nice price range hey!:)

So around the corner from me - sold 6 months ago with house on it corner block - 750sqm . 6 months ago sold for $990k and they demolished the house, so its a level block, now selling for $1.3m plus. Of course when I ring the agent, firstly has no voicemail on his mobile, secondly hardly speaks of word of english and thirdly was an absolute tosser. I guess professionalism goes out of the real estate business in GW too - after all the buyers are all chinese.

Cheers, Ivan

Yes Ivan, I read you are a bloke, but (my partner) does not give any indication of your orientation if you know what I mean :D
Did not want to offence in any way

ShangHai Girl hey, they will have you wrapped in their pinky in no time, have fun :p

wheelers hill is a little bit out of GW. the attractions of GW is the shops, proximity to the train stations and shopping strip. Wheelers hill has large houses and it is hard to get apprval to sub divide as the nature of the suburb is generally blocks with single houses

i got a friend who had his place on the market for more than a year, with a house and tennis court which could be subdivided into a place but still no takers as all buyers did their due diligence and found it wasn't worth the trouble.

Back