Glen Waverley

Yes Ivan, I read you are a bloke, but (my partner) does not give any indication of your orientation if you know what I mean :D
Did not want to offence in any way

ShangHai Girl hey, they will have you wrapped in their pinky in no time, have fun :p

You know its fashionable to say partner.....she's ok, golden rule is i'm not carrying her handbag (you know what I mean). For those that don't, go to GW and see all the guys holding their missus' handbag - their shanghainese.

For buying in Glen Waverley this is very important....link to the Glen Waverley High School zone below:

http://www.gwsc.vic.edu.au/enrolling.html

Yeah the zone is the golden area and brings in big $$$ from Chinese buyers and has for the last 15 years. They continue to buy there as it and the school have a good reputation. Can be very expensive and obviously this drives the prices up in surrounding areas but not to the same extent. So do think cause a place down the road sold for $2mil in gwsz that you would get the same....

wheelers hill is a little bit out of GW. the attractions of GW is the shops, proximity to the train stations and shopping strip. Wheelers hill has large houses and it is hard to get apprval to sub divide as the nature of the suburb is generally blocks with single houses

i got a friend who had his place on the market for more than a year, with a house and tennis court which could be subdivided into a place but still no takers as all buyers did their due diligence and found it wasn't worth the trouble.

It makes sense about Wheelers Hill, Melbournian.
Moreover, recently Ryman has purchased the ex-brandon park secondary school (about 5.5 hectare) for $47.5 million and they plan to build retirement village.

Not sure whether this is a good news or not, for the residents nearby.. :confused:

Check out the GW auction results from yesterday two 700sqm blocks with old dwellings selling for $1.2 +.
http://house.ksou.cn/p.php?q=Glen+Waverley,+VIC

That is insane - in one of the sales its a $500k increase on sales from 12 months ago. That is clear evidence of the insane influence of mainland chinese investors. Happy to disclose I live nearby - just have to decide when to make my sale.....

Cheers, Ivan

Check out the GW auction results from yesterday two 700sqm blocks with old dwellings selling for $1.2 +.
http://house.ksou.cn/p.php?q=Glen+Waverley,+VIC

That is insane - in one of the sales its a $500k increase on sales from 12 months ago. That is clear evidence of the insane influence of mainland chinese investors. Happy to disclose I live nearby - just have to decide when to make my sale.....

Cheers, Ivan

Glen Waverley is perhaps on par with Asia as one of the most inflated areas on Earth...

The rich mainland Chinese like to cluster around and mingle with the same rich groups this is why GW is so popular. I dare say

When you compare GW to Box Hill, for some odd reason I find BH less inflated (not suggesting it isn't inflated) and somewhat better prospects. BH has basically all forms of transport (Tram, Train, Bus, Freeway for cars), on par with restaurants, small shopping centre and also hospital.

The only real area where GW wins out over BH is the school and general education with Monash close by whereas BH only has a TAFE.

Whilst we Aussies may think the Chinese are out of their mind, when you understand the China/Hong Kong real estate market, it isn't:

1. Houses over there are 1m+ for a squishy lil apartment.
2. Clean air - priceless.
3. Property laws here are well established and enforced.
4. If they decide to send children over here would not need rental costs.
5. Better education for kid(s).
6. Safeguard money and wealth.
7. Food safety in Aust - especially for young babies/infants.

If you add 1-7 up it $1mil is cheap for them...

Hi All,

This property is still available since March. Section 32 got followings and thought of moving away from this.

There is a single dwelling covenant on the land, which means that only one house can be built on the land, and the house has to be brick

There are two mortgages plus a caveat on the title and council rates, water authority charges and land tax are all in arrears

I think bank would not co-operate in the sale...

MI

Back