Gold Coast

Hi all,

I will be attending a wedding on the Gold Coast next week and thought I'd have a quick look at the property market while I am up there.

Anyone have any thoughts re. buying property on the Gold Coast at the moment? Where to look, where to avoid? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Lily

Hi Lily,

I don't know the coast myself but I do know 2 very good agencies down there, or up there as the case may be.:D

Shane at Nerang First National is exceptional. Ph no is 0755 96 0055 - web www.nfn.com.au

Palm Beach are a very good office. Ph No is 0755 34 6755 and web - www.palmbeachfn.com.au

They will probably be biased to their area but at least it's a start.

My brother lives at Nerang. My understanding is that the Gold Coast is doing very well. The closer to the beach the higher capital gain but lower return and big bucks to buy into the area on the water.

Good luck, let me know how you go after you get back.

Kev

www.nundahrealestate.com.au

Dear Lily House,

Tips for a quick look.

Should investors just have a "quick look" in an area?

Does the quick look replace the serious due diligence and work put in to find the best deals and make the best decisions?

Is one post going to be the "instant gold" that will make you invest in that area?

Advice: Due your serious due diligence (especially on the Gold Coast) otherwise be prepared to become bait for two tier marketers.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Thanks for your time and info Kev - appreciated.

Sunstone, I'm not quite sure how to take what you wrote. Initial reading felt like I was getting a lecture. But perhaps you were just showing concern??
You have made some assumptions about me. I love property investing and I love looking around at the state of the market when I am somewhere new. Yes I will have a quick look around while I am on the Gold Coast and I will not apologise for that. However, that does not mean I will not do my due diligence if I am interested in what I see. My initial look around may motivate me to take my research further, or it may not. I'm not sure what gave you the impression I do otherwise.
I take into consideration everything I hear or read, but I certainly would not do something just based on one post. That is laughable.
So thankyou for your 'advice' but rest assured I am not a novice and don't intend to be ripped off by anyone.

Lily

Hi Lily,

I'm sure sunstone was just trying to help. Being that we are both from brisvegas we are aware of a lot of rip-offs targeted at southerners in the Gold Coast region. This is often to those who come up for "a quick look", are roped in and before they know it they are locked in to undesirable "investments".

His advice was based more on better safe than sorry in providing you with the information would be my guess.

Anyway good luck with it, we all hope you find a "bargain" (and come back and tell us how you did it):D

Kev

I'm absolutely with Kevin here.

You have been around the forum for a little while, but the information in the initial post in this thread was scant. I would have responded in a similar way to that post- but given the extra information, I would have responded differently. Had I known about the Gold Coast :D

Originally posted by geoffw
I'm absolutely with Kevin here.

You have been around the forum for a little while, but the information in the initial post in this thread was scant. I would have responded in a similar way to that post- but given the extra information, I would have responded differently. Had I known about the Gold Coast :D

Huh............What did you just say???:D

Kev

Originally posted by Kevin Hockey
Huh............What did you just say???:D
Sorry Kev.

Like you said, people from Brisvegas (and even a few from elsewhere) are aware of ripoffs in the Gold Coast.

My first reaction to Lily's post was "Oh no, not another one". There was very little info on the post.

I did not click that Lily was not another newbie, and that she knew her way around.

I suspect Sunstone responded from a similar viewpoint.

But now that we know where she's coming from (sorry Lily), is there some helpful advice out there?

Dear Lily House,

This is a community of property investors who help each other. Previously I can see that you have appreciated some of my assistance.
http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5653

Perhaps another way of looking at this is to pose some questions.

1) What do you think about investing in Melbourne?

How do you answer this? Do you give a thorough explanation of all the suburbs in Melbourne or would that be an overkill? Would you give a more detailed and precise answer if rather than "Melbourne" someone asked what do you think about Knox or Ringwood? Would you be more prepared to give a better answer because you could perceive that the person asking the question had already done an initial amount of their own due diligence already and was then asking more questions?

2) How important is the "profile" someone uses on a site?

I regularly look at profiles. It allows one to better relate to the poster and thereby increase the level of help afforded to the person. A profile does not have to have everything about the person. I understand that some parties like a certain degree of anonymity, however by posting some basic information about the poster it will help readers and also responding posters. If profiles don't develop I see a side effect being that it can make the forum "less personal".

Maybe by looking at these questions you can see the angle that you initial question and subsequent "bump" was seen from.

Kev and Geoff are right. The intent of all my posts are to help. Without people helping each other this forum would cease to exist. Hope you find what you are looking for in the Gold Coast.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

I have bought some excellent investment properties on the Gold Coast.

The Golde Coast seems to get the reputation for Scams and rip offs, however, purchasers don't want to take any of the blame.

The Coast is like any other area. Every purchaser should do your own due diligence to know or at least have a reasonable idea of what the property should be worth prior to buying it.

Any property is only worth what someone will pay on any particular day. If someone ends up paying too much, then who's fault is it. - Not the developer, or the agent, or marketeer or even the bank. It's your own.

The Gold Coast is experiencing great growth in the past 12mths. Take you time, do your research and I've no doubt you will do well.

Good Luck

BUNDY

Back