Golf estates

A golf estate is being built nearby and we had a first-hand look last weekend. It's near shops (10-15 min drive) and near our workplace (30 min drive). The developer said the actual golf course will be finished (playable) by December next year. It's a low-density estate of 800+ houses all of which are torrens-titled. There are no community fees but you have to pay of course to be a member of the club (I personally don't play golf). There are "cheap" blocks with no views but there are some bargains with guaranteed views of the greens.

What do you think of these kind of estates in terms of CG? If ever we decide to buy it will be a ppor and not an IP.

Golf is extremely popular, and is often played (and obsessed over) by people with a lot of money.

I would think that anything on a golf course (direct access) or extremely accessalbe to would have good CG prospects.

Often these estates and the gold course are run by the same group. This means many of the policies for the estate are related directly to the interests of golfers.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's worth being aware of it. Many of these estates have had fantastic capital gains.

Often these estates and the gold course are run by the same group. This means many of the policies for the estate are related directly to the interests of golfers.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's worth being aware of it. Many of these estates have had fantastic capital gains.

I would think and hope so too especially with this one as it has the Greg Norman design tag to it and it's within reach of civilization (unlike others I've been to which are at the end of nowhere).

Back