Good Accounting Package for novice

Hi all,

I am about to start construction on my first development. It will be a 4 unit site. I would like to start familiarizing myself with an accounting system that will make it easier to keep a track of all my spending, invoices etc. rather than keeping a manual record which is what I am currently doing.

Since this is only my first site and am in the process of purchasing my next I am a relatively small developer and therefore may only require a simplified version, yet one that I can upgrade as things become more complicated. I have seen that QuickBooks offer such variety. Is there an industry standard that most small developers use?

Much Appreciate your Feedback!
John

Hi all,

I am about to start construction on my first development. It will be a 4 unit site. I would like to start familiarizing myself with an accounting system that will make it easier to keep a track of all my spending, invoices etc. rather than keeping a manual record which is what I am currently doing.

Since this is only my first site and am in the process of purchasing my next I am a relatively small developer and therefore may only require a simplified version, yet one that I can upgrade as things become more complicated. I have seen that QuickBooks offer such variety. Is there an industry standard that most small developers use?

Much Appreciate your Feedback!
John

MYOB Business Basics would do the job - not the new version (AccountRight Basics) which is very slow; see if you can get the previous version. As a developer of houses I have been using it for quite a few years.

Back