Good building consultant or solicitor for tribunal case?

(edited because it was too wordy)

I'm wondering if anyone could recommend a good building consultant or building solicitor near Campsie, NSW? I need one for an action we (the owners corporation) are taking up against the builder? :mad::mad:

In a nutshell, the builder's plumber (incorrectly) used concrete to seal the connection to the sewer mains instead of rubber and PVC. We only found this out because we believe there was a gap in the concrete seal which allowed roots to enter just inside the junction arm. I've got alot of photos and video of the day we had to excavate to clear the blockage, but we'll probably need a professional opinion about what the tribunal is likely to say.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jireh

Last edited:
Hi Jireh
Can you search the DFT website or request DFT for files on similar cases ?
Those responsible for dangerous or negligent workmanship don't deserve the opportunity to rectify, they've already had their chance and I believe a property owner is allowed to consider them too dangerous to allow back onto the property.
Make sure all your ducks are in a very straight row for Tribunal hearing. Friends of mine just went through DFT defending their work as mechanics.
The claim against them was verging on fraudulent, and was eventually dismissed because "it was not substantiated" . But anyone especially tradesmen giving evidence for them had to prove their ability and credentials, show the tests used are of industry accepted standard, receipts for parts, prove quality of components, etc. Leave no stone unturned, otherwise an advocate will find doubt and exploit it. Perhaps your insurance company who will have a stake in the outcome may be able to provide some legal expertise.
Good luck .
cheers
crest133

Back