Government Notified Sale - onthehouse.com

I'm just checking through some streets at onthehouse.com and came across this:

123 Alphabet St, Soup City
Government Notified Sale

What does this mean?

I don't know for certain but to me and my IT background it looks like an example of 'data seeding'. This is where data providers 'seed' or sprinkle their real data with fake data. They then see if a competitor comes up with or publishes this fake data. If they do, then they can clearly establish a case of data 'theft' or copying, because they can trace the source to themselves.

let me clarify sorry - they were real property addresses. I just made that address up

Well you had me going there - it looked fake and it was :)

I guess that it is different from an Agent Advised Sale which is an exchanged but not yet settled sale. Sorry I can't be more help. Perhaps shoot onthehouse an email asking?

Last edited:
Well you had me going there - it looked face and it was :)

I guess that it is different from an Agent Advised Sale which is an exchanged but not yet settled sale. Sorry I can't be more help. Perhaps shoot onthehouse an email asking?

I've noticed a lot of Victorian properties seem to indicate Government Advised Sale. I suspect it might mean that the data has been obtained from the SRO (or similar) rather than the agent. Just guessing.

A government notified sale is one which has settled and the details are available on the public record. Anything prior to settlement is an agent notified sale and still has a chance of not settling.

Valuers must rely on completed sales for their comparable analysis of properties but can use sales trends in their commentary.

Back