Growing a large portfolio, planning to retire and reducing debt

What about pretending your husband still only earns $120k living on this with all the rest going straight into further investments.

This is what I was thinking too, and I cannot even imagine what sort of dream car your husband had if selling it frees up $25K per annum :eek:. By my maths that means the car was worth $350K because repayments on a $350K loan come to roughly $25K. (I'm probably wrong, because my maths is probably crap :p.)

Anyway, with a hubby earning that, I would be trying really hard to live simply, throw as much as you can into making more money (whichever way you chose to do it) and reap the rewards down the track.

This is what we did, but on much lesser numbers :).

This is what I was thinking too, and I cannot even imagine what sort of dream car your husband had if selling it frees up $25K per annum :eek:. By my maths that means the car was worth $350K because repayments on a $350K loan come to roughly $25K. (I'm probably wrong, because my maths is probably crap :p.)

Anyway, with a hubby earning that, I would be trying really hard to live simply, throw as much as you can into making more money (whichever way you chose to do it) and reap the rewards down the track.

This is what we did, but on much lesser numbers :).

Thanks wylie for the comments. He wishes it was a 350K car:) No it's more like 90K - by the time you make the repayments, insurance, rego, fuel etc etc we will be saving more like 20K - I over exaggerated slightly.

Now my "retirees" hat. Stop thinking "retire at 40". That's BS and way too young. Rethink your plan. You could live to 100. What are going to do for 60 years...sit on the beach??

Say what now?!?
Give me the choice of what i'll do for the next 60 (or 70 in my case), and it won't be busting my butt for someone else!!!

Back