Guaranteed way to win tonight's lotto

*disclaimer: I don't play lotto*

So you wanna hear it? Buy 45 million $1 game tickets - every possible combination, and you're guaranteed to win the $90M. 100% return on your money, plus you'd pick up a whole lot of the smaller prize pools.

This would work only if you're the sole winner and don't have to split division 1 though. Anyone gonna give it a shot?! :p

Who here actuallybought a ticket....I have never bought one before so im not going to start, but for some its very tempting

bags not filling in all the boxes!

Ha, too true! I don't know how it could be done logistically short of employing 50 people for a month before hand, unless they let you buy lotto tickets online and you can design a computer system to do it for you...

Who here actuallybought a ticket....I have never bought one before so im not going to start, but for some its very tempting

Bought one when I was about 15, won $50 - decided that was it and retired from lotto playing a winner. :D

So you wanna hear it? Buy 45 million $1 game tickets - every possible combination, and you're guaranteed to win the $90M. 100% return on your money, plus you'd pick up a whole lot of the smaller prize pools.

This would work only if you're the sole winner and don't have to split division 1 though. Anyone gonna give it a shot?! :p

So, what LVR will we get when we present this sure fire idea to the bank and try to get them to fund the deal?
With all the little X's in the boxes, will that mean they are "cross" collateralised?

Yep, my partner and I bought a tickettoday. We never buy them for the ordinary draws, just anything really big.
We dont really drink much and dont smoke so its a bit of fun even if a waste of money. I heard on TV this morning that the odds of being made a saint are higher than winning the lot tonight.

The "lotto stats expert" went on to say 'imagine that you have to find a point (secretly picked out by someone) the size of 2 fifty cent pieces on the road between Melbourne and Townsville, apparently the odds of winning tonight are about the same odds and picking the right spot out amongst all that bitumen' !!!!

agh !!! you have to laugh

I heard somewhere it was illegal for an individual to purchase more than a certain number of tickets.
Be interested if someone could confirm this

This has actually been done before, I remember hearing about it on the news so i decided to do some research:

Guaranteed Lottery Wins From History

To our knowledge there is only one known occurrence of somebody guaranteeing a lottery win by purchasing all possible lottery number combinations - and this happened on a May 1992 bank holiday Irish National Lottery. A Polish-Irish businessman and a syndicate team of 28 Dublin based players decided they would purchase every single possible combination on the lottery, and thus guarantee a win on the lottery.

On the Irish National Lottery at that time there were just 36 numbers in the draw and you had to match 6 of these, leaving odds of winning the lottery at 1 in 1,947,792. These lottery tickets each cost just £0.50, meaning that every possible lottery ticket combination could be purchased for £973,896. The jackpot prize on the May 1992 bank holiday lottery draw stood at £1.7 million. This meant that they could guarantee a profit of over £700,000 by purchasing every lottery number combination. This is of course providing that nobody else wins on the lottery draw too.

Despite a last ditch attempt by the lottery organisers to prevent the organised Dublin based syndicate to purchase the tickets, the group went ahead to win the lottery - but they weren't the only ones. Somebody else also won on the draw, and so the jackpot was split. The syndicate still ended up with a slight overall profit though, due to the other prizes for matching 5, 4 and 3 balls on the lottery. However it is certain that due to the time spent organising the whole operation, the overall profits were actually very small and not worth the time spent arranging the scheme.

Hands up, I bought four easy picks, one for each of the family. I will say my goodbyes now coz I wont be back tomorrow!:D

Easy picks? C'mon Pushka, get with the times - following on from yesterday, don't you know the iPhone can also pick your numbers for you! Check out 'LottoCat Ozlotto' in the app store. :D

i bought two tickets - a his and hers - and then the other day, on the way home from sydney (was in the audience of good news weeks at the abc studios - brilliant) dreamed about what i'd do if i won 1/3 of the jackpot.

funnily enough the first $5mil was given to charity, the next $5mil to immediate family in various forms and then i started thinking about what i'd spend the rest on.

a nice house that needs "no" reno work, a newer car but not a flash one (ie, no ferrari), 12 months travelling around europe business and economy style (not first) and the balance invested. think i'd need a couple of full time property managers to look after the portfolio :D

i can double your money for you - like this.

take your money, fold it in half, and put it back in your pocket. that way you've doubled the intrinsic value of the loss you're likely to sustain, you could have lost (-$15) on a slikpik, but not only did you make that loss back (so now $0), you now have $15 in your pocket (+$15).

-15 to +15 is 30.

can anyone say CDO? lmao

i bought two tickets - a his and hers - and then the other day, on the way home from sydney (was in the audience of good news weeks at the abc studios - brilliant) :D

Lucky you!

I once managed a snog with Paul McDermott at the local club - slight exaggeration, he was doing a show and walked across the tables and when he stopped at mine I got a hug and a peck on the cheek, he is hot and I love a man with a sense of humour. I saw him with the Doug Anthony All Stars too back in the day, did I mention his brilliant singing voice? Oh and he's hot!

Swoon over!

Lizzie i also enjoy imagining what i'd do if i won but yes am aware that doing anything else has more chance of earning you than tatts.

For me if i won it would centre around making sure me and my family had good lives and enjoyed life together, as we already do , but it could be so so much better. I would also like to help others in need and help others to be aware of how to help others in ways that are most helpful.

Francine.

I am back again, I got four numbers in a game, Division 6, think I won my money back from buying four easy picks. Sigh.

Two winners, one from QLD the other from SA sharing $106 million. Good luck to them.

Seriously thought there would have been a lot more given the number of entries and the amount spent.

Just proves, even with all the hype and extra entries (apparently 1 in 2 australians entered) the odds are really stacked against you.

Project 1080.

The project: 10 IPs in 80 mths.

Back