Guatemala

More important (for me) than the price of beer is the price of coffee. In the village I was staying, I could get a very good coffee for just under $1 at some places, ranging up to $2. This is of course Guatemalan coffee, which is grown all around, including in the village. My normal tipple in Australia is a long black, which should be made with a double shot, but there's no exact equivalent. Cafe negro (black coffee) can sometimes be quite good, but sometimes it's dreadful. An expresso was usually very good. An Americano with a double shot sometimes was OK but it cost double.

A few more from Guatemala

Antigua, passing through on the way back to Guatemala City
rps20141120_171759.jpg

Two separate weddings I came across in Guatemala City. One was in a church I just walked in to see, the other is outside the national palace.
rps20141120_171940.jpg

rps20141120_172019.jpg

And the room I stayed in at Guatemala City. It was a private room in a hostel - but a small quiet one.
IMG_20141120_172050.jpg

Beautiful photos. Ahhhhhh....to be on a holiday...........*dreaming longingly*

:p
It's been a lot of years between holidays for me. I could never get away when I had the busines. Often I was doing 7 days a week. So this is a bit of self indulgence - which would not have been possible without the IPs.

Back