Guys, which way do you wear your belt?

Which way do you wear your belt?

• Clockwise

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Anti-Clockwise

Votes: 30 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Totally anti-clockwise! Although I'm left handed if that has anything to do with it??:eek:

I'm anti clockwise (and very right handed), and to go clock wise just seems against nature (or nurture?). The start of this thread got me thinking that direction was perhaps related to dominate hand. You seem to have turned that upside down - although lefties often have to conform with the rest of us (eg hand change is given to, shaking hands etc) - so perhaps that has something to do with it.

Perhaps it's just what we unknowingly got taught as kids?

--------------------------------------------------------
I broke my right (dominant) wrist a few years ago and had to use my, left, non dominant hand for tasks for a couple of months...
  • I could absolutely not write with my left hand.
  • I couldn't use my left hand with a key or control.
  • I quickly learned to use my left hand on the mouse. I read that mice were originally designed to be used with the non dominant hand so the dominant hand could be used at the same time for writing or phones.

I had to think about this for a sec as its automatic anti for me.

It depends - male is anti clockwise & female is clockwise. Why? It dates back to servants who had to do up the master's clothes. The direction matches button direction and if a male is to undo a blouse on a female the button direction & action is the same as undoing one's own buttons ;)

Since I got my new belt, I alternate the direction every time so it does not develop the nasty curve in it.
I'm very OCD sometimes....
Also helps with coordination doing things you don't usually do.

I do this when brushing teeth to, switch hands every day to balance them out.
The first time I tried brushing teeth left handed was difficult, but now it's a lot more controlled and faster.

Back