Hail and Firefox 2

Just got hit by a hailstorm - literally. Was outside and got hit on the head by a golfball sized piece, then on the shoulder. Some impressive bruises.

Ran under a covered area - covered with colourbond and a single clear sheet of corrugated something. Watched as seven 50cent piece holes appeared. Looked like a 50 cal did it.

Commodore is OK. No dents. Hope the same for the Excel when Jen gets home ...

Came inside to see the PC reboot after a power fluctuation. The new Firefox 2 remembered all nine tabs I had open and logged me back into everything. Pretty happy with that feature. :D

Came inside to see the PC reboot after a power fluctuation. The new Firefox 2 remembered all nine tabs I had open and logged me back into everything. Pretty happy with that feature. :D

Yes, Firefox 2 rocks.

Anyone who chooses IE7 over FF2 ought to get shot. :)

Commodore is OK. No dents. Hope the same for the Excel when Jen gets home ...

Excel has a few dents in it, must be softer metal. It was in the city and they didn't get the huge hailstones we did. Must have softer steel in it - lucky it is a $5000 runaround and not a fancy new car with a huge personal loan against it.

Damm shoulder has a nasty contusion. Who'd have though an act of god would happen to me whilst working in the garden.

Damm shoulder has a nasty contusion. Who'd have though an act of god would happen to me whilst working in the garden.

Sorry to hear it, hope it is not too serious... What bad luck to be outside in such a hailstorm! Is this kind of weather common in Newcastle?

- Dave99

Sorry to hear it, hope it is not too serious... What bad luck to be outside in such a hailstorm! Is this kind of weather common in Newcastle?

- Dave99

Isn't serious mate - just sore :(

We get the odd bit of hail but whilst I have heard of golf ball sized hailstones I have never seen them before!

Isn't serious mate - just sore :(

We get the odd bit of hail but whilst I have heard of golf ball sized hailstones I have never seen them before!
A year ago a destructive hail storm with orange and grape fruit sized hail stones hit Coomera and Helensvale at the northern end of the Gold Coast. Local houses had hail stones smashing through tiled roofs and ceilings.

Cars parked outside Movie World and nearby Helensvale (including mine) were trashed with serious multiple dents and smashed windscreens & windows. Many cars were written off by insurance companies. Repairs to my vehicle in total were approx $9,000.

I have a new respect for severe storm warnings given by BOM, when there are hailstorms forecast for subtropical Bris. After witnessing and experiencing the impact and effects of 'huge' hailstones on property and vehicles, I now take their warnings seriously and take precautions.

Hopefully, Simon the golfball sized hailstones won't fuse together and become monsters like the ones that came crashing down last year.............

Cheers,
AnnDe

Well, as long as youre stoked with FF2, then all is OK :p

I use it, havent noticed much diff. Still beats ie imho

Back