Hallett Cove and Greenwith valuations?

Does anybody have properties in these areas that have had them revalued recently. I bought in Hallett Cove in Jan 06 (270k, 3 br) and Greenwith in Nov 06 (260k, 4 br). I'm curious to know how much they've increased. Maybe it's time to get them valued professionally. Can anyone recommend someone?

Cheers

:D

Are they in SA?
A comparative market analysis (CMA) of properties sold in the last 6 months will give you an indication of growth and an appraisal on the properties (this is not a valuation but a fair idea of price!!!).

If you are not in a hurry and send me an email (not a pm here) I would be happy to do a CMA report for you! (I get over 90 emails a day so it may take a week or so but I do respond to all emails eventually!!!).

Does anybody have properties in these areas that have had them revalued recently. I bought in Hallett Cove in Jan 06 (270k, 3 br) and Greenwith in Nov 06 (260k, 4 br). I'm curious to know how much they've increased. Maybe it's time to get them valued professionally. Can anyone recommend someone?

Cheers

:D

I would'nt go to the expense of getting a valuation done unless you are planning another investment and actually need an official valuation (and in that case, let your bank pay for it ;) )

Otherwise you can go to www.homepriceguide.com.au or RPData etc. and get a list of recent sales in the area that can give you an idea. I prefer HPG as it also includes links to some of the house listings you are seeing the price for to give more perspective.

At a quick glance, I think your Greenwith place would be worth substantially more than that now. It would depend on the rest of the houses attributes (ie. bathrooms, land size, garage etc), but a lot of the 4br houses in Greenwith are heading towards the $400k figure.

My mate bought a 3br place in Greenwith on a small block, around March this year for about $240k (can't remember exact figure), and I believe he's already looking at about $30-40k+ growth since then.

Thanks Xenia and Steve, I guess I was curious to get my own valuation because I am keen to invest again and I'd heard of bank valuations being on the conservative side but how would I know unless I'd done my own research?

Xenia, I'll send you an email as you suggested. How much detail do you need?

Thanks again.

:cool:

Back