Has Adelaide done its peak?

I have been monitoring the market quite closely lately and found that many prices haven't actually moved much.... a lot of the inner ring eastern suburbs used to sold at 500k in 2009, 2010 now selling for just 530K, 540K, that;s pretty depressing.... Compared to other capital cities it's really....discouraging.

So with your logic. Would you buy here in Adelaide when it hasn't grown much or buy in somewhere in Sydney which has grown 20-30% since 2009?

It peaked in 2011
It went down during 2012
Just now are prices surpassing previous ones, thats why it appears 'depressing' to you, its just half a cycle behind other cities.
One of my places was purchased for less than the vendors got it for in 2011 ;)

Its all up from here I assure you.

I have been monitoring the market quite closely lately and found that many prices haven't actually moved much.... a lot of the inner ring eastern suburbs used to sold at 500k in 2009, 2010 now selling for just 530K, 540K, that;s pretty depressing.... Compared to other capital cities it's really....discouraging.

Adelaide isn't a unique case - there are quite a lot of markets around Australia where prices are at or still below where they were back in 2009. There is certainly room for growth and it isn't at a peak.

Peak? Adelaide is just starting to warm up in most places (but shhh don't be telling these interstate peeps!)

Too late lol I'm already onto it.

Mmmmm.. I like Glenelg, everything is so close, you can practically walk from the airport. But with the closure of holden, I don't know!

Mmmmm.. I like Glenelg, everything is so close, you can practically walk from the airport. But with the closure of holden, I don't know!

Yes the impending doom from the closure will definitely impact heavily upon Glenelg. Better stay away.

:p

Yea, its good that things are so close. With the closure of 1 car factory, you'll be forced to walk everywhere.

With the possible exception of Elizabeth and the Playford area (which itself isn't dependent on Holden and will eventually recover), Holden's closure won't have a major impact on most of Adelaide.

Glenelg is not even close to where Holden and other related manufacturing businesses are based. I wouldn't be tarnishing all of Adelaide with the same brush.

Why out of all places is Mawson Lakes heavily developed and looks like a lego town ? seems odd!

I recall someone saying that its the geographical centre of Adelaide Metro (because north & south so far stretched)

It's not far from town, has a nice new train station, shopping, UNI, businesses, sporting, industrial also close by...

Note Mawson Lakes was previously big empty swamp lands :)

Mawson Lakes in Adelaide reminds me of Ellenbrook in Perth. It's own self sufficient city. Both are crap imo :p

So you guys think there are still rooms for ADL to grow? I have been owing few IPs in Adelaide eastern suburbs, but their prices have been flat for the past five years, just wondering if I should keep holding or look at eastern cities...

So you guys think there are still rooms for ADL to grow? I have been owing few IPs in Adelaide eastern suburbs, but their prices have been flat for the past five years, just wondering if I should keep holding or look at eastern cities...

Have you had these properties valued?

Eastern Suburbs is fairly large which suburbs?

Houses or Units?

How have rents and sales volumes been tracking in the areas you currently own properties in?

Back