Have I missed something - subdivision of lot

I recently settled on an 800sq block in Brissie that had a DA approved for a split straight down the middle of the block. I'm just filling out the forms to my bank to reapportion the debt across the two blocks on titling and thought I'd check out Google maps to see if the new block would be 62a or if there was a spare number between existing houses on the street. Turns out the next door neighbour's house is no 56. So does that mean I have a triple block or do I not make that assumption? Is it something council could tell me straight away?

I feel a bit silly that I didn't check this earlier and that I went with the existing DA without question. 3 blocks from one 800sq block is quite small isn't it for a low density residential area?

I recently settled on an 800sq block in Brissie that had a DA approved for a split straight down the middle of the block. I'm just filling out the forms to my bank to reapportion the debt across the two blocks on titling and thought I'd check out Google maps to see if the new block would be 62a or if there was a spare number between existing houses on the street. Turns out the next door neighbour's house is no 56. So does that mean I have a triple block or do I not make that assumption? Is it something council could tell me straight away?

I feel a bit silly that I didn't check this earlier and that I went with the existing DA without question. 3 blocks from one 800sq block is quite small isn't it for a low density residential area?
I would think it's just the numbering. I know Parkinson and Coorparoo have some funny numbering. In one street in Parkinson the house numbers jump in fours.

There's actually an Aus/NZ standard for house numbering that can be found online somewhere. I believe you can request the numbering from the council and they decide according to the standard.

Back