Have you found your Apple

Went to watch the movie about the creation of Apple (Jobs)
Although it felt like one massive advert for apple it did have some inspiring messages about following your passions and you can be financially successful..

So who on SS has found there Apple? Is it property? Is it your own business?

Everyday im searching for my Apple... At least i know i haven’t found it yet which is more than i can say than most people my age i guess?

Be careful, for a lot of people there is no Apple. Don't waste your life looking for something that doesn't exist.

Opportunity abounds, but rarely is it perfect. Take what you've got and use it.

Steve Job's on history will should you that there's no such thing as absolute control over your own destiny. He was thrown out by his own board of directors, faced almost devastating competition from Microsoft, for many years refused to acknowledge a child from another relationship and was generally considered more than a bit of an a**hole.

Running your own business is wonderful but has more than it's share of challenges and one piece of government legislation can make it come crashing down. Building a property empire is great but you're serving the needs of tenants and have a lot of compliance, tax and market forces to contend with.

Despite the gurus saying, "Anyone can do it", not everyone actually can. Very few people have the negotiation skills, creativity, single mindedness, management skills, etc to actually build even the smallest percentage of what Steve Jobs managed to achieve.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't try to achieve. Do the best you can with what you can. Fortunately being Australian means that hard work can actually get you ahead. Live your life as best you can. If this can make you happy, then it's been worthwhile.

The movie didn't tell the full story on what he did after leaving Apple, like creating Pixars.

I don't think the story is about financial success through passion though. It's about personal achievements and what you want to do with your life. The man want to "make a dent in the universe" and he was persistent. Money is a result of that.

Just some facts about Jobs

I watched a doc on ABC 2 weeks ago which motivated me to find out more about the man, his life, family, children etc. What I found out was fascinating, perhaps most may think trivia but I like to see what makes this man tick.

Besides the fact that he is a genius, Jobs was an adopted child, he knew who his biological parents were but did not wish to meet them. Later in life he wanted to meet his biological sister, who turned out to be a famous US writer (what are the chances of that), she also became one of his very close friends in life.

What I also found interesting was that when his long term g/friend became pregnant he denied being the father, stating he was infertile, went to court and after a blood test it was established he was the father. He later accepted this child. Have to wonder why he did this... money is not a problem??

He also did not pursue mainstream medical treatment for his cancer until 9 months down the track, he thought he could over come this his own way.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/s...e-was-the-inspiration-for-the-simpsons-2011-9

Last edited:
What I also found interesting was that when his long term g/friend became pregnant he denied being the father, stating he was infertile, went to court and after a blood test it was established he was the father. He later accepted this child. Have to wonder why he did this... money is not a problem??

Funny how we/humans keep repeating patterns in life that we see. The experience was part of his sub conscious mind (from his own childhood), no wonder he went and attracted the same experience and behaved the same way towards his own child.

You would see it in situations where it is said people end up marrying either of their parents - for girls the partners are likely to be similar to their fathers and for boy's their mothers...UNLESS of course there is awareness and willingness to live life differently.

...that's because that is what is familiar territory...

I suggest people read the book "Steve Jobs" by walter Isaacson.

He was certainly an interesting character and the book describes all his ideosyncrasies very well.

No doubt a genius who's mind was always on the next thing while it should have been concentrating on the here and now when dealing with people in his org.
Often frustrated by the process of getting something to market but fastidious enough to stall it if it wasnt perfect too.

One in a billion genius who made his mark and as the book describes often got around barefoot.
Excentric genius.
Good book.

Do you mean marrying people like either of their parents?

or creating a consumer device that would allow people to remove themselves from intimacy - his earlier experiences manifested in an emotionally devoid product that has now spread to the wider population.

or creating a consumer device that would allow people to remove themselves from intimacy - his earlier experiences manifested in an emotionally devoid product that has now spread to the wider population.

In a way, it's easier to communicate and express good emotions to others, especially when you don't have the time, no?
A colleague moved to overseas several weeks ago - and everyone can easily say "keep in touch". Because it's just that easy.

Back