HDT not so rosy.

I think we should close the thread. Julia, Mry and Matt don't like the use of hybrids. Chris Batten,NickM and I believe they are useful in certain circumstances. Not sure of Pat's view.

So we have some who agree and some who disagree. Sounds not too disimilar to most High Court rulings were some of the members of the bench disagree with other members of the bench.

Time to put this to bed and go with what you feel comfortable with given the abundance of facts presented. I doubt there is a more thorough and comprehensive discussion of hybrid trusts on this forum than any material I have ever read.

I think we should close the thread. Julia, Mry and Matt don't like the use of hybrids. Chris Batten,NickM and I believe they are useful in certain circumstances. Not sure of Pat's view.

So we have some who agree and some who disagree. Sounds not too disimilar to most High Court rulings were some of the members of the bench disagree with other members of the bench.

Time to put this to bed and go with what you feel comfortable with given the abundance of facts presented. I doubt there is a more thorough and comprehensive discussion of hybrid trusts on this forum than any material I have ever read.

Hi,

I believe the HDT's are useful for some clients and I have mentioned this in previous threads. As Mike has said there is so much differing opinion on this and most of it surrounds Trust Law which not even the top brass of the ATO and top tax solicitors/barristers agree on.

Back