Help...Ipswich develpoment

Just bought our first IP in Brassal, North of Ipswich with large block we hope to develop, please can anyone advise on local QS, builder, PM, solicitor and any other useful people.

Many thanks:)

Look it might help to just drive around. Look at houses built in the area look at past houses built that are for sale and ask the agents how it was that built them

That way you are finding a local builder in the area and also chatting to people in the area might help to nut out a bit of research and a plan to build.

It might be a start, it's certainly what I would do and take a everything from there.

Thanks Jaffasoft, but I live in Perth. It's a long drive from here!!!
Oh sorry I didn't realize that. Some of the locals around Ipswich might help you then.

I only just spent a few days over at Ipswich and had a look at the development going on through the hills of Springfield, and I must say it is a nice area and the building are of nice character I seen a couple of old houses that are otherwise done up to blend in with the new ones which I think would have been a cheap way to do it. I had a look through the new big shopping center (ORION) and then through the older part of Ipswich, I like all the older country style buildings as well.

What we're the decisions you made that convinced you to build there if you don't mind? What criteria were you looking to meet?

As far as builders go I'm not sure about that as I was only a Tourist having a bit of a sticky beak.

Just bought our first IP in Brassal, North of Ipswich with large block we hope to develop, please can anyone advise on local QS, builder, PM, solicitor and any other useful people.

i use P.F.S realty for my rental houses ,they seem to be on top op the situation and angie knows her business ,phone 07 3202 4042 ,for builders just pm me with your requirements and i will short list some locals for you :)

Congratulations on your purchase. Properties with development potential make excellent investment.

Unless you plan to land banking generally it is best to do your research prior to purchase as often your offer is determined by the level of profit you wish to make out a development.

Some of the key areas of research are:
the number of dwellings permissable
development charges
availability of services
cost of providing services
length of development
construction costs
interest charges
expected resales figures in todays market

These are some of the areas you will need to look at before deciding to develop.

brassall development

A good start would be to contact Baird & Hayes (Surveyors) in Ipswich if you want to redevelop, split off land to build another house etc.
Also check out the Ipswich City Council website which has useful information when building/developing.

Possible issues in the Ipswich area - very reactive clay soils in some parts (may affect foundation design). Some areas also undermined by historic coal mining (probably not in Brassall but check with Council).

Congratulations on your buy - good move.

thanks for all the great advice guys we are following up all your leads. The property is a 3 bed on a large block (over 2000 sqm) so after reading all the infrastructure improvement plans for the area we thought it would be a good first investment with development potential for added CG, rather than just buying and waiting for the market alone to increase the value. WA is a bit unpredictable at the moment and even basic properties on small blocks in dodgy areas seem overpriced. Having lived through the boom and bust in the UK in the early 1990s we know the pitfalls of buying overpriced property all too well.

Last edited:
Referrals

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can reccomend a good town planner?

I am only just getting up with QLD planning codes and in particular the councils. I know most of the things to check with due diligence but not where to get them in QLD.

Sewerage maps for one?

Cheers,

QL

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can reccomend a good town planner?

I am only just getting up with QLD planning codes and in particular the councils. I know most of the things to check with due diligence but not where to get them in QLD.

Sewerage maps for one?

Cheers,

QL
Try this:
Ipswich City Council - History of Your Home
Ipswich City Council Records. Ipswich City Council sewerage maps give outlines of houses, sheds etc. and can be inspected by application to the Ipswich City Council. ...
www.ipswich.qld.gov.au/heritage/history_of_your_home.php
More pages from ipswich.qld.gov.au

I think you'll find that most sewerage maps for LGA's in Qld need to be obtained directly from the Council, and are not on-line.

Qld planning codes may be downloaded here:
http://www.ipa.qld.gov.au/main/default.asp

Good luck with your search.

Back