Heritage Park (Browns Plains), QLD??

Hello all,

One of my mates is selling up his IP located in Heritage Park, QLD. It is paying a rent of $400 pw. It's a 4 bedder/2 bathroom/2 garage house on a 600 sq. m block. Although it's on the market for 389K, he said he could it do it for a few grand less for me.
Now, I live in Canberra so have no idea of the market up there. From the little research that I have done, I have noticed that Logan City (of which Browns Plains is a part of) has got plenty of bad rap in online forums. I understand Logan City is not just one suburb (some pockets may be bad which give the whole area a bad name) but it plants a seed of doubt/worry in your mind, that's for sure.
Any thoughts on the suburb/price/etc would be much appreciated.

HI
I lived near Browns Plains for a bit. Some nice areas but some areas I would not go to after dark. High crime and unemployment. For that money it most be one of the best houses in the area. I do not think you will get much capital gains for a good while due to the area's image. Not a place I would choose to live but in saying that I own an IP in an area I would not like to live myself...
There are some new estates that are nice but most houses are 20+years old..
Just my 2 cents

Thank you so much, onlyifamppowered and Paul RealEquate. Appreciate your help. We decided not to go ahead with it after considering your and the family's advice, which was along similar lines.

Back