Hi Pages

MTR,
Thought you were starting a thread for newbs to say hi on SS :S
Haven't looked at the link,i'll check it out later.
Cheers Spades.

MTR,
Thought you were starting a thread for newbs to say hi on SS :S
Haven't looked at the link,i'll check it out later.
Cheers Spades.

Hi Newbies:)

Tradesperson I know recommended this site, he stated many larger companies provide very low quotes as they are trying to generate business, he uses it himself. I thought it be good to get feedback if anyone here has used them.

Cheers
MTR:)

I haven't used that website, but i have used
www.serviceseeking.com.au to get an electrician and an accountant.

I was happy with the accountant, he charged what he said and the service was good.
The electrician quoted a low number, but the actual cost was higher. However it might be because there was more parts to replace then originally thought. However his service from what my tenant tells me was good too.

For each of the requests i got about a dozen emailed quotes to choose from. However it was rather annoying when i was searching for an tax accountant I got about half a dozen calls to my mobile which i would rather not have received.

Hmmm this looks awesome. After my current spending spree ends I was planning to renovate PPR, this looks like a good way to get a few kitchen design quotes from 1 place. Cheers.

I have used serviceseeking.com.au to find all sorts of trades people.

I usually receive around 3 calls/emails before I log on and de-activate the request so I stop receiving calls and emails.

I found this much easier compared to going on google and searching and having to explain my request numerous times.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used HI Pages twice. First time, got some quick responses and ended up very happy with the cabinetmaker we went with. I'd now go to Vince for a quote before anyone else.

Second time, needed a small spot out the back to be brick paved. Only one guy quoted (general handyman) and the quality of his work was abysmal.

Just my 2 cents' worth.

I've used HI Pages twice. First time, got some quick responses and ended up very happy with the cabinetmaker we went with. I'd now go to Vince for a quote before anyone else.

Second time, needed a small spot out the back to be brick paved. Only one guy quoted (general handyman) and the quality of his work was abysmal.

Just my 2 cents' worth.

Thanks for feedback

As tradies, we advertise with Hi Pages. We get a got of queries for quotes.

The problem you will get is that Hi Pages only allows 3 quotes, so it is first in first served. when you place a query with HiPages, we get sent an email with an accept or decline button. Only when we accept the query do we see all the client details. If more than 3 companies have already accepted, we get a page that says this job if full.

So in reality you are not necessarily getting the best quote, you are just getting the 3 fastest admin staff who can answer emails.

Last edited:
I have used hi pages a few times. Also get one of my own independent quotes to compare job and price. Have only had good experience with site so far. And on separate jobs have chosen the trade from hi pages quotes.

As far as the three quotes goes, if you would like more quotes you can ask for your job to be resisted and "open" again to business's to reply.

Convenient service for us to use.

As tradies, we advertise with Hi Pages. We get a got of queries for quotes.

The problem you will get is that Hi Pages only allows 3 quotes, so it is first in first served. when you place a query with HiPages, we get sent an email with an accept or decline button. Only when we accept the query do we see all the client details. If more than 3 companies have already accepted, we get a page that says this job if full.

So in reality you are not necessarily getting the best quote, you are just getting the 3 fastest admin staff who can answer emails.

A few months ago the process at hipages was improved so that consumers can see the details of the 4th and successive businesses that have claimed the job, the consumer has the option to share their contact details with any of those tradespeople. the idea is to still give the consumer a feeling of choice and at the same time control the number of people that have their contact details.
I am one of the founders of hipages and am interested in any feedback that can improve the product.

I've used it and was impressed.

I needed some repair work to a retaining wall.

Within a few hours of posting the job I had 3 or 4 responses. Most were quite professional and eager for business.

Cheers

Jamie

I also used www.serviceseeking.com.au to get quotes for a colorbond fence at an IP. Got heaps of responses and found a great contractor at a great price.

I'm looking for a paver. I asked family and friends for referrals and have made contact with 8 pavers. None of which have returned my phone calls.

Registered myself on serviceseeking.com.au yesterday (Sunday) afternoon and have 2 quotes in my mailbox this morning. Should have done that to start with.

I joined HIPAGES last week
I wont lie I get about 10 msgs a day for leads for possible work. I thought wow fantastic!

I have accepted 8 possible jobs so far since Thursday last week.
but each time I accept these I am billed 30$ a hit to get clients details
8x30=$240

And what really grinds my gears is that all but 1 have been serious of getting the work actually done, most want "ideas" and have no idea about prices and just want an estimate of what the job is going to cost.

So I will be canning hipages
if I got the job ok $30 heck id pay $100+
but to be stung $30 each time for the client to say oh yeah well thanks for the rough estimate ill get back to you.. it really pisses you off!
BTW im a Landscaper

Back