Hola from Puerto Angel in Mexico

Been a while since I logged in and thought I'd say hello. Newer folks won't remember me of course, it really has been too long.

Anyway my friends know that one of my goals was to buy a yacht.

Guess what. I am heading down the west coast of Mexico towards Costa Rica on my beautiful boat I bought in San Francisco.

Weather is perfect, winds have been great. Hit 9.3 knots just the other day. Sights are good too. Dolphins, whales, turtles rays etc are a daily occurrence.

Fishing has been good. Mostly tuna and dorado but did get a massive wahoo. Also caught three marlin but released them. They were breeding size and I just couldn't do it.

Last month I did my Divemaster course in Cozumel Mexico.

Really am living the dream folks.

I have written about this before. You got to have an end state. No point accumulating properties until you are dead.

Ciao from me

Simon

SV Calypseaux VII

PS, she has her own Facebook page with photos. Does need updating and waiting for decent wifi. But I'd love to see my somersoft friends on there :)

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

Gidday Simon

I've been following you on Facebook for a while. I was hoping that you would pop in here sometime.

Congratulations on living the dream. You've come a long way since "the worst Christmas ever". Well done.

Hi, Simon,
Like Geoff, I too wondered where you got to. Congratulations on your new boat, and well done for 'living the dream'.
How is your back holding up after the op. and subsequent rehab? I remember you having all sorts of pain, and to do what you're doing now shows a fair bit of determination and grit. Next thing on the agenda is jumping out of planes, I suppose, hey? :D
Well done, and take care.
Amy

Thanks Amy, but jumping out of planes is what caused it in the first place.

All is pretty good now. Not perfect but no painkillers for a few years now.

Am fit and healthy :)

hola simon, como estas?

Wondered where you had gotten to.

Where to next, cancun? :p

Last edited:
What? Living the dream but does not have $250k passive income and mansion in the eastern suburb but happy! Not sure if troll...

Simon has the best view of them all. He can change his scenery when ever he likes! :)

Live the dream Simon. You should at least dress up as a pirate.

Hi Simon,

Great to hear from you again. Far too many of the old guard have dissappeared off this board. Great to hear you're doing so well and living the dream.

Interestingly, it is very similar to my own. I'm wrapping up my construction in Sydney and am getting the finances in place now to take at least 12 months off in a year or two and buy a Bavaria 42 in the Med and cruise around there for a while. I might eventually bring her back to Australia the long way so look out for me on the open seas.

Cheers mate,
Michael

Far too many of the old guard have dissappeared off this board.

That's because they have better things to do than stroll around the internet.

Simon, stoked as for you, bro! Looks like you are having a great time! I wonder what the ex-wife thinks of all this ;). You just gave me a fantastic idea, cheers boss! PM me if you're curious as to what it is.

You are an inspiration to all.

Mark

The dream

Hi Simon

Wow!

Just want to say if property investing is the reason why you are doing what you are doing now in your pics, can i have a dollop of that?

Onwards and forwards and stand back you naysayers!:p

Admiration with a capital A my friend :)
Life is what you make it and you are a shining example.
Take it easy and look after yourself xo

I remember the 'worst Christmas ever', too.
You'll probably write one of those motivation books one day and end up on the talk show circuit.
Good on you, Simon.
Scott

Back