Homeside said NO

Advice needed please...

Applied through a broker for a Homeside mortgage but just got knocked back.

Property Value = $540k
Deposit = 55k + 7k FHOG.

Broker said they knocked it back due to a paid default on my credit file of $360 back in 2005 and will now only do it if I go to LVR of 80%. (not going to happen)

Apparently CBA and St.George are probably the best options to try next but just wondering if I should risk further credit checks or wait until March 2011 to reapply for a loan as the default will be wiped of my credit file then.

Cheers

CBA or adelaide Bank as they'll tolerate defaults up to 1000 from memory.
We dont put any defaults with Homeside & LMI.

Depends on what the default is for though...

Probably a few more but just off the top of my head

Last edited:
Homeside are a pain at the best of times .... where any type of default is involved, paid or unpaid...... forget it

I agree cant believe your broker would put such a deal to Homeside assuming he was aware of the default.

Like dressing up in a big red suit and going bull hunting.

i agree, homeside is not the best place for this deal as they have been positioning themselves over the last few years to reduce risk. CBA and a number of other banks would look at this. Best to be upfront in the new application and declare the default with an explanation.

i agree, homeside is not the best place for this deal as they have been positioning themselves over the last few years to reduce risk. CBA and a number of other banks would look at this. Best to be upfront in the new application and declare the default with an explanation.
Will the fact the Homeside did a credit check and rejected the loan impact the decision of say CBA if I was to apply with them?

I agree about being upfront and did let the broker know about the default and even gave them a copy of the credit report and an explination.

He was very suprised to be knocked back and mentioned that he let them know his feelings about this especially given the fact that he had sent them in excess of 10 mil worth of loans this past year.

Thanks

It could have been your overall credit score also failed due to other reasons. Enough info isnt to hand to say.

And also it may not have been the bank, but the insurer.

Which may mean you need a lender who isnt Gemico or who has in house lmi approval under delegation from the insurer.

this is so dumb, as if a $360 paid default from 5 years is a huge red flag! banks are morons

Hi

While I agree, the risk managers tell me that the black box technology is much better at picking good credit than we humans are.

I must defer to that logic, and the reason is this.

My personal interaction with a client when assessing their suitability is at an entirely different level. I have much more info, time and emotionaly ased intuition to hand to have a look at what a potential client may or may not do.

A human credit assessor hasnt got that.........the most reliable thing to them for the future is history..........

In an environment where you have $ 100 to lend, and there is $ 200 worth of business you will secure this as much as poss unless u are getting some rate for risk.

ta
rolf

Back