House in Townsville for sale

Have a look at http://www.somersoft.com/forums/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=826.

Comes complete with a happy tenant who has been there since it was finished.... nearly four years ago. His $290/wk rent is that old too. Fair rent is at least $20 more. No prop manager, he just pays direct into my account monthly.

This is the style of home people like up here but never build because they are too expensive. Nicely fitted out with split system aircon in the three larger b/rooms and a wall a/c in the smaller.

It is at 72 Wright St Wulguru, for those with maps. A nice suburb close to the army base, university and hospital. The little bit of elevation picks up the prevailing breezes.

Because it is unusual it is hard to value but I think $320k.

Anyone interested? [email protected]

Be nice! I've never sold a prop before. Thommo

just curious,
block size
rates
some other features eg,
fully fenced
construction type
will the tennant be happy to stay after a rent increase.

any reasons for selling

cheers

bicko

Hey Biko. "just curious?" you're welcome.

Block....... 1020s/m
Rates...... $2100/y (sounds a lot but they spend half of this gardening in the traffic islands)
Features.. After "snobs knob" on the hillside overlooking the bay it is probobly 3rd tier on desirability, second tier on rentability because it is close to Korea Zinc refinery (no it is not in an industrial suburb) the Army base, the hospital, CSIRO (if they still have funds) and the university. 10min to the city centre. The greenery in the back is bush on the slopes of Mt Stewart. Views from the balcony are to the city.
Fences..... Yes. At the back they are 6ft concrete block which can (have) withstand tropical downpours off the hills with minimal water through the block.
Construction... Because of the sloping block the only concrete slab is in the garage. It has masonry block walls. The rest is on steel piers with timber frames, CSR Hardiplank exteriors and ColourBond roof. I may have erred by not doing an ensuite but I put the second toilet/shower on the lower levil because the block is perfect for a pool or BBQ or keen gardner and they need access to bathrooms at this lower levil.
"will the tennant be happy to stay after a rent increase." I'm about to test this out but he is a businessman and understands the economic facts of life. They (should not ignore the lady) are on a mth/mth lease and enjoy living there. They like style I think, and this house is different.
The tenant owns a block of land in an inner-city suburb, but has done so for years. Seems the longer he mucks around the costlier it is to build. (has owned Syd property, may still own)
Why?.... With respect, I dissagree with the majority on this forum and see decreasing values and wish to sell this property before I venture into a commercial prop or an inner city appt where I will retire in a few years.

No one was home when I took the pix earlier but happy to add more at request.

Thommo

Sunstone said:
Dear Thommo,

Any updates on this one?

Cheers,

Sunstone.
Thanks for the thoughts Sunstone but it is not yet "officially" on the market. Just as soon as I decide "who & how" I'll give it a go.

Our local market is still holding up well with REA's saying it's lack of stock not buyers. Only one way to find out!

Thommo

That post was 4mths ago. How time flies.

I haven't sold and suffering a severe case of inertia. There is just no bad news coming out of this town so doing nothing is easily justifiable. When I see the final drawings and prices of some units being built I will know more about selling (this close to retirement I doubt I want to take an extra mortgage) but if someone were to make an offer I can't refuse..........

Thommo

Last edited:
Back