House number 13

Not sure if this topic has been discussed but has anyone had good luck or bad luck investing in a house or unit that has number 13 in its address??

Put it this way - would you have a problem with an IP with a 13% yield?

Numbers, and other symbols, have only the power YOU give them.

On another note, doesnt anyone apart from me sacrifice a goat on the doorstep of a new IP to ward off the evil spirits of deadbeat bogans?

Depends on the demographic of the area. My place is on the market and it's no.4. Not a single Chinese person came to the open.

Depends on the demographic of the area. My place is on the market and it's no.4. Not a single Chinese person came to the open.

I think this is the more important number. No one cares about 13 but 4 is a big no-no for Chinese people. On the contrary, '8' is good. It's to do with the rhyming - 4 sounds like death and 8 sounds like luck.

When my mother was selling houses, she had one Chinese buyer fall in love with a house at number four... simply applied to council to have the number changed to 2A.

I wonder about all the houses in Sunnybank (lots of Chinese in Sunnybank for those not in Brisbane) that are number 4 in every street?

In Canada there are buildings when you go to the lift, you can't select 13th floor. There's none! it just goes from 12 to 14. It does matter for some cultures.

We live at No. 13, have 13 in all our number plates, got married on the 13th and started going out on Friday the 13th.

What's not to love about 13? :confused:

....and sitting in seats 13 for Driving Miss Daisy next week. :D

In Canada there are buildings when you go to the lift, you can't select 13th floor. There's none! it just goes from 12 to 14. It does matter for some cultures.
It was the same case in Korea too. They didn't have number 4 in their lift!

We were selling our house where they were many Chinese. We painted our feature wall in red and it worked :p

It was the same case in Korea too. They didn't have number 4 in their lift!

We were selling our house where they were many Chinese. We painted our feature wall in red and it worked :p

I don't believe in the superstitious stuff but by sheer coincidence my house is number 8 as well, and the car dealer just gave me a plate without a 4 in it. Funny how things work out.

so sounds like 4 is a big no no for some asian cultures but 13 can be lucky for some people. I never thought of the apply to council for number change move, good one!

On another note, doesnt anyone apart from me sacrifice a goat on the doorstep of a new IP to ward off the evil spirits of deadbeat bogans?

No but I do mop the floors with orange water/oil made by boiling some orange skins. :D

Just noticed yesterday that our last three properties had the house number 21 in it ... 21 must be a good number for us.

As for 13 - depends what you want to do with it. If it's a reno and hold then no probs - if it's a reno and flip then you will encounter the same reaction from buyers. It's like buying next to the bikie club because it was cheap - but when you come to sell after your reno it's still next to the bikie club

House No 13???

I was expecting a thread about how the OP just settled on their thirteenth house and was expecting to be impressed and learn a little :(

Back