Housing Commission

Hiya,

I hope someone can help me with this question: how does one go about finding out which are the Housing Commission houses along your street?
(or suburb for that matter?) Is there a website (govt or otherwise) one can research into?

BTW, i am talking Queensland

Thanks!:)

Hiya,

I hope someone can help me with this question: how does one go about finding out which are the Housing Commission houses along your street?
(or suburb for that matter?) Is there a website (govt or otherwise) one can research into?

BTW, i am talking Queensland

Thanks!:)

Can't talk about Queensland, but in SA, you look for the crappy, short mesh fences around the front yard :p

I know in some suburbs in Brisbane, they have the new carport attached to them that was installed in them all a few years ago. You can almost pick them out driving down a street

title search in QLD will show owned by qld government / managed by dept housing qld on behalf qld government.
if you have a particular street you want to research, I'm happy to help you out. PM me with details.

cheers

I call the department of housing and just ask them. I find I get a better response on friday afternoons but it does work. :)

Hiya,

Around Melbourne it's several things:

1. Sloping porch with three holes (examples in Corio/Norlane, Chadstone, Laverton)

2. Letter boxes - dark brown metal on ground

3. Chimney - often X-shaped engraving

4. Front fence (often low mesh)

5. Cement panel type construction with a couple of steps up to the front door

6. (some areas) lots of doors (eg two way bathrooms)

7. House numbers may be roughly painted on house (eg West Wendouree, Ballarat)

Newer commission places are less concentrated and less obvious.

Back