Housing Prices in the future???

Unless the market is falling in which case you're better off delaying and letting those losses compound on someone else for a while so you can snap up some distressed sales.RC
What you're saying of course is quite correct. The problem comes in people's ability to 'time' their entry into the market. I have not seen anyone do it consistently.

I do recall having arguments with what came to be known as the D&G's when we were mid-GFC a few years ago. They were convinced of large falls. What actually happened where I was buying in the Inner West was almost 20% gains.

What you're saying of course is quite correct. The problem comes in people's ability to 'time' their entry into the market. I have not seen anyone do it consistently.

I do recall having arguments with what came to be known as the D&G's when we were mid-GFC a few years ago. They were convinced of large falls. What actually happened where I was buying in the Inner West was almost 20% gains.

Due to artificial market stimulus.

I wouldn't like to be relying on the government to keep my head above water.

RC

Property underpins wealth in aus. They know they have to support it whatever the cost and as aus has a low debt to GDP, has plenty of money left to throw at it if the **** hits the fan

Due to artificial market stimulus.

We did not get 20% gains in the Inner West because of only market stimulus I can asssure you. Once stimuls was removed we had further gains the following year of nearly 9% and then this year of over 17% (look mum, no hands!)

Never under-estimate the ability or the desire of Australian goverments to stimulate the housing sector. They do it frequently and have a long history of doing so.....not that I am relying on it.

On a separate but slightly related issue, I see the US Fed is not immune to doing some more stimulating of their own if they feel it necessary.:p

Hi All,

Prices will continue to firm but otherwise not change in the near future. Buying the right investment property, with the right mix is always a safe bet. The benefits is there for those who do the research and grab the opportunity when it arises. Property will always be the safest investment with high capital growth at time of sale and strong income return whilst holding.

Have a great day and happy investing :)

can i have the number of your designer? very good at 'air brushing'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prices will continue to go up, but only when looking at long term overall. I consider the 7% per annum 10 year rolling average will return in 2017. :)

We did not get 20% gains in the Inner West because of only market stimulus I can asssure you. Once stimuls was removed we had further gains the following year of nearly 9% and then this year of over 17% (look mum, no hands!)

Never under-estimate the ability or the desire of Australian goverments to stimulate the housing sector. They do it frequently and have a long history of doing so.....not that I am relying on it.

On a separate but slightly related issue, I see the US Fed is not immune to doing some more stimulating of their own if they feel it necessary.:p

When you let go of the handle bars you don't fall off immediately.;)

RC

We did not get 20% gains in the Inner West because of only market stimulus I can asssure you. Once stimuls was removed we had further gains the following year of nearly 9% and then this year of over 17%

So 20% plus 9% plus 17% is 46%..???:eek:

Since the start of the GFC?? Say mid 2008.

I think your pulling my leg.

See ya's.

Property underpins wealth in aus. They know they have to support it whatever the cost and as aus has a low debt to GDP, has plenty of money left to throw at it if the **** hits the fan

HAHAHA

For a second I thought you were talking about Greece and Ireland

So 20% plus 9% plus 17% is 46%..???:eek:

Since the start of the GFC?? Say mid 2008.

I think your pulling my leg.

See ya's.

These CGs don't surprise me. We had no post-stimulus drop for our first IP bought in outer-outer Sydney metropolitan area. Suburb CG since 2008: 24.2% in 2009, 2.2% in 2010 and conseratively 8% 2011, based on rpdata suburb medians. Rents are skyrocketing, too:)
Cheers Ali

Yep, and with potentially another GFC on the horizon, things can only get better with Australian property. Nothing can stop it. It is the best investment eva!

Personally think IP investing comes down to an actually plan than just buying a box.

This thread sounds like your talking about some sort of speccy stock lol

Look at what Nathan does..

If the numbers add up, he's in. simple.

Property is a long, boring investment TO ME.. but if you have a 10 time frame as has always been the case imo u should do alright.

It should not cost you anything to hold after a couple years if u buy not so well.

i was a kid in 1987, however im sure people were skeptical on property then as well after the market crash.

We have truck loads of people wanting to live in OZ.

If the market was steady and went up like normal in 1-1.5 years I will top up my loans and retire for 2-3 years. eventually I will run out of money so get a job for 6 months to meet lending criteria(if thats still min requirement) and do it all over again. I think after a few of those cycles I could just LOR
not 100% if this could work but the numbers sound good in my head

If the market was steady and went up like normal in 1-1.5 years I will top up my loans and retire for 2-3 years. eventually I will run out of money so get a job for 6 months to meet lending criteria(if thats still min requirement) and do it all over again. I think after a few of those cycles I could just LOR
not 100% if this could work but the numbers sound good in my head

Or - what you do is set up a pty ltd company today, register it for GST so when you do need to top up loans in 2 years' time you can get a lo-doc loan without having to work....

Back