How did everyone spend their christmas day

I hope that everyone here had a great day and got to spend time with family and friends...

I had a quite day up here in Townsville, would have loved to be in adelaide with the rest of the family, tho my parents (came down from Darwin ) and my daughter made my day.... Nothing was big or over done this yr, but thats not what christmas is all about for me, I think that spending quailty time with loved ones is way better than getting sucked into all the commercialized b/s that the media feed ppl these days... Im just glad to be home and not way with work for once....

I think my daughter had more fun with the wrapping paper this yr than the toys in side, hahaha if only she could be so easily amused for the next 16 odd yrs with birthdays and xmas... :p

Oh and Merry Christmas to all :)

Able to sleep in until 10am and then prepare and cook Christmas lunch for the family. Roast chicken, Roast pork, Roast potato all cooked in a small microwave oven. Followed up with my home made apple sauce and gravy. Desert was banana custard over a bought chocolate sponge cake.

it's exactly 12 midnight. I am pooped. Been up since 6:30am thanks to the lil one. It was quite a cool day in Brissy. Had a small family gathering, they arrived at about 11 and stayed till about 10pm! I am so happy that we polished off all the food for lunch and dinner. There's nothing left to eat.
Did 2 loads in the dishwasher and had to wash dishes countless times too. Played the Wii, watched movies, a bit of football etc Everyone had a siesta in the late afternoon.

A fab Xmas..everything went smoothly.

Our day began with 7 year old son waking up at 2.00am, then 3.00am, then finally at 6.00am. Just a tad excited?

Present unwrapping commenced at around 6.30am. Lots of fun and love to see him at this time. Santa was good to me and wife - a few nice articles of clothes and some much needed chocolate.

Lunch with the In-Laws from 11.00 - 4.00, then over to another friend's house until 10.30pm, in bed by 11.30.

Great day.

Bobbing around the North Sea at work whilst my pregnet better half and 3 yr old are at home playing in the pool.
Oh well, it was a nice day for a change here, it got up to 5 degrees out side and I seen the sun for about 2 hours.
It sounds like a winge, I know, but not, just a sacrifice I have to make.
I hope you all had a great day!!!!

Up at 6.30ish to see the grandkids open pressies and us adults had a great time with the Guitar Hero game! :p (We're all would be rock stars!)
Left at 11.30ish to head over to my sisters where we had Xmas lunch. Some then went down the beach while others (me) stayed back with the babies and had an afternoon siesta. Followed up with ham & salad for late tea and got home about 10.30pm.

Today I've been to a friends for BBQ lunch then headed over to my daughters for BBQ tea and some time in the pool. We've also had a great time playing Rayman Raving Rabbids on the WII. So much fun!

Olly

Spent brunch with my family at home, then spent the arvo and evening at my gf's xmas party with her family.

Roast pork was the highlight of the meals. :D

Up for kids present unwrapping at 5.30. (Stuffed from my 50th birthday on 24th.)

Started cooking at 7.30.
Watched as BBQ caught fire and smoked and flamed for 15 minutes. (Just let it burn off the fat and expected fire sirens any minute.
Inlaws and their children arrived at 12.00.
We all sat down and had a lovely meal of X/mas type stuff.
Then spent arvo cleaning up.
I cannot get how arrogent my inlaws kids are:eek:
Unwrap their presents, eat lunch, get up and go watch plasma & play nintendo etc. Do NOT even say thanks or pick up their plate or help clean up. Then they jump in a friends car and leave.
Then the FIL that just winges about everything and goes on with so much cra-
My wife could see I was getting Pis--- Off . So she said take the younger kids down the beach. Beach was nice. We all ran along and played cricket & swam.
Came back to wife & MIL cleaning up. All others had left. Along with leftovers and grog they brought over. (Drank ours:p)
Next year think i will just hire a camper and go away for a change:)

Gee Cee

I must be turning into a Grumpy Old Man

AH Hum Bug

Gee Cee

You got it up on all the rest of use SS Xmas participants.

From your situation its only gonna be up cause you is sooooo rich.

Have a bloody good year.

Gerd

I would not say rich:eek:
More like comfortable. And frugal.
But then again i started in 1978.
There are a lot more that will be a lot more successful having started later:cool:
Have a great 2009:)

Gee Cee

Cranky/ GRUMPY Old fart:D

Decided to do something different this Christmas.

Spent Christmas Day painting.
Continued Boxing Day.
Towards end of boxing day, decided to stand on cheap plastic stool instead of ladder.
Fell backwards onto concrete.

Winded myself pretty bad, but no other damage apparent....(phew!)

Yep, sure had a different one this year.....

Cheers,

The Y-man

Decided to do something different this Christmas.

Spent Christmas Day painting.
Continued Boxing Day.
Towards end of boxing day, decided to stand on cheap plastic stool instead of ladder.
Fell backwards onto concrete.

But what were you painting?? A house (ewww!) or a masterpiece (much better idea!)?
I'm guessing a house, unless it was a rather large masterpiece...and why over Xmas?

Nadia

At the in-laws being soundly criticised and fed food with allergens in despite attempts to explain to them I have an allergy ("no I don't know what's in it, I threw the packet out, but don't worry it'll be fine, have some"). Also generally getting treated like second class citizens for not living in eastern Adelaide.

The criticism is cutting enough to make us not want to visit again any time soon. Definitely visiting my family next year, my family are quaint and eccentric but don't criticise.

We had Christmas lunch at our place which has been the norm since hubby's sister got herself pregnant and was not allowed in her father's house as she was not married. The fact that she was 43 years old, long divorced and had grown children didn't seem to have any sway. She did marry the child's father, but in the meantime Christmas swung over to our place...... JOY :rolleyes:

I have spent the WHOLE year trying to wangle our way out of having to attend my mother-in-law's pre-Christmas "shindig" without hurting her feelings. It has gotten bigger than Ben Hur and I absolutely hate standing around making small talk with people who I hardly know. I almost had a panic attack last year it was so bad. I generally spend the evening gathering dirty plates and washing up.

So, having considered booking a $10K holiday to just saying "no thanks, not my scene" (which I was quite happy to do) my several years widowed mother-in-law decides not to have her shindig this year (hooray!!) because her male "friend" is recuperating in her downstairs bedroom after an operation, I reckon she doesn't want any of the rellies seeing that a "man" is living there (even temporarily).

Anyway, total relief, but then absolute amazement that she tells me that her male "friend's" daughter has invited her to Christmas lunch and one week out she tells me she is not coming to our lunch.

Actually quite relieved because she can be hard work, fussing over everything, but no qualms about changing her plans so close to the day, after having said that she was coming to our lunch. Makes me more determined that I will not be going to her shindig next year, and will not agonise about how I will get out of it. She didn't care about giving us the "bum's rush" this year after she got a better offer, so what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Honestly, families are just so much hard work, more particularly when they all want to pretend that "everybody is happy" and "isn't this lovely" and "gush, gush, gush" and "air kisses" ..... :rolleyes: but wouldn't spit on us during the year.

Save me from the hypocrites. At least I am more honest in my dealings.

P.S. Just re-reading this I really do sound like a grumpy old fart myself. I sometimes ask myself if that is the case, but it has more to do with simply having had enough of the rubbish that some family members hand out and being honest on SS, when to say this stuff to the family would make things worse. They probably don't like me either :).

Back