How do property managers get your info?

Hi all,

I have a question that has been bothering me for some time.

I purchased an IP late last year and when the property settled I got mail from several different property managers all offering me their services.

I didn't receive the same mail when I bought my PPoR.

How could they know I bought an IP?

How could they know I bought an IP?

2 possibilities:
1. Your address as owner, for rates notices etc. is not the address of the IP (pretty much indicates you are not living at the IP).
2. The REAs in your IP's area are a bit more pro-active than the ones in your PPOR area.

Thanks Propertunity, I didn't think about the address on the rates notices!

My IP and PPoR are in the same area however, so perhaps it's the rates address that did it.

I recently had an IP that was advertised for rent on re.com.au (it was only up on the web for around 4 or 5 days) before new tenants were found and moved in the day after the previous ones vacated and yet I got 2 or 3 letters from property managers offering their services.

I'm guessing they see a property for rent on re.com.au and then use RPDATA or something to find the owners address.

Things like RP Data are where most agents will find your details as councils don't tend to hand out details of living away owners any more. If you ignore their mail they will likely go away!

That is exactly where they get the information eitehr RPData or PDSLive. In fact here in Qld it is against the law to use this information for marketing purposes, but many many agents do it anyway. :)

Back