How do you do this

Process of selling properties do not want to list a figure/price, however want to capture a market range when searching, ie $599k-700k. Was told can not do this with realestate.com unless I have listed the figure/amount

I was told today I can do this, its called ghost figure, therefore anyone searching above price range will bring up my properties?. Have no clue whatsoever with this, anyone know whether this is correct and how do I do this

Mtr:)

When the REA lists he can choose not to show a price. He still has to nominate a price though in there which in turn designates where its found when searching.

DT
This is simple, I was led to believe that unless I had a price range could not do this, very annoyed, people telling porkies
Thanks for this

When there is no price I put in several similar priced suburbs and list from low to high to see where Unpriced property falls.

Why don't you want to list a price?

I hate, despise, abhor listings with no price.

If it says EOI, Call Me, Blah blah I cannot engage emotionally or financially with the listing.

But yes you can do it

If it says EOI, Call Me, Blah blah I cannot engage emotionally or financially with the listing.

But yes you can do it

TENDER, OFFERS, +++ - Most annoying ****.

if you're expecting a figure in the 600s (599-700k) why not just put it for 700k+ and someone will lowball you 675ish anyway.

But yes you can do it

I know, I know and I know, so do I, but...hear me out, it will be only 1 week and its because properties in this area do not have high specifications as my properties and do not have staged properties, is it worth a go for 1 week??????
Otherwise we go from $xxx,xxx,

I totally agree, but have had this idea mentioned by 2 agents so far, BTW not my selling agent who wants to go FROM $XXX,xxx

Think I have answered my own question.... geez don't you hate it when it takes 24 hours on the treadmill to nowhere before you work out what you should do:)

I know, I know and I know, so do I, but...hear me out, it will be only 1 week and its because properties in this area do not have high specifications as my properties and do not have staged properties, is it worth a go for 1 week??????
Otherwise we go from $xxx,xxx,

I totally agree, but have had this idea mentioned by 2 agents so far, BTW not my selling agent who wants to go FROM $XXX,xxx

Think I have answered my own question.... geez don't you hate it when it takes 24 hours on the treadmill to nowhere before you work out what you should do:)

To get the people IN the door and engaged enough to fall in love with it (and be willing to fork over more money) they need to know how much it is.

This means a price, pretty pictures and a smooth operator.

They can still have a wide range in the searching criteria tool so that it comes up when people look for properties in a lower and higher range. For example if you had the search criteria as 400-800k then people using the minimum price of $700k in their search criteria would still be shown yours even though it might be listed as FROM $599

agreed, and create competition.
So why are agents recommending this???

In fact would you believe in this area that one particular prominent agent are recommending going to auction in this market for a product that is not unique, its bizarre, and no one coming to the auctions.

You used to be able to put a price range in behind the scenes that searches work on , but now you can only put in one figure . make sure its a figure that is on the border of two ranges so you pick up more searches .

We had the best results when are search price was at the lower end of our expected range . Most people expect agents to under quote and allow for that .

If you put a realistic price in , especially at the upper end of your expectations , you may miss out on potential buyers

What you put in on the actual add , isn't the figure the searches run off .

Cliff

There is an advertised price and the hidden search range for listings on RE/Domain.

I would put a price on the property unless your expectations is very high or you cannot value the property easily (e.g. celebrity mansions).

If you do not put a price all will happen is people will not be engaged on the property as they don't know a ball price you are looking for and will just get an email saying price which the agent then has to respond with a price or POA which then leaves them with not knowing the price or they may think it is over priced (as it is common for a REA to recommend not putting a price if it is overpriced as not do damage the campaign).

The more interest you get the better price you generally get, look at a property that went for auction and had a $1 reserve in Sydney a couple of weeks ago, sold well above FMV.

Anyone can search for the 'behind the scenes' price you have listed in realestate.com.au by viewing the webscript thingy. I am not technical but did this to view the price indicated by the agent on a property i was looking at.

This isnt much help for you but more of a warning about the background price you use.

Anyone can search for the 'behind the scenes' price you have listed in realestate.com.au by viewing the webscript thingy. I am not technical but did this to view the price indicated by the agent on a property i was looking at.

This isnt much help for you but more of a warning about the background price you use.

I've posted instructions to do this here on somersoft before...

http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1046074

Reactions: MRO
Back