How far into the future does your plan go?

When will you run out of cash/income/assets?

• 60-69

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70-79

• 80-89

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 90-99

• 100-109

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • 110-119

• 120+

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Assets/Income will continue to grow

Votes: 44 78.6%
  • Haven't got a plan

Votes: 8 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There's a problem out there?

I normally ignore my super statements since I can't touch the stuff but I looked at it when it arrived today.

It went up by $600ish. Yay for federal gov super, eh?

Not planning to retire.....:)

Cheers,

The Y-man
G'day Y-man, agree, there is no point in retiring if you can work out how to generate income without the 9-5 JOB. When I first started investing and learning I was still in the retirement mindset. It was a few years ago now that the penny dropped and I understood that I didn't have to retire.

There are still a lot of people that are working towards that retirement day and I'm surprised at how many investors are still working towards retirement, sell everything and live off the cash or share portfolio.

Then there are other groups like the investors club that are still pushing the LOE plan. Which is great unless we have a long period of stagnation or negative growth.

If we can show a few more that there is an option to not retire but not work at a JOB then that's good.

Regards
Graeme

There's a problem out there?

I normally ignore my super statements since I can't touch the stuff but I looked at it when it arrived today.

It went up by $600ish. Yay for federal gov super, eh?

I'm the same - set & forget for me (mine went up by $12k !!) & I'm not planning on accessing it for quite a few years yet so into the drawer with the statement & back into improving my property investing knowledge...

Cheers
Stella

My investment plan covers my grandchildren who aren't born yet.

I'm not thinking about having enough for my retirement but having enough to provide for my grand children.

Investing is a 3 generation plan.

...note that houses and units located close to public transport in established blue chip suburbs close to the CBD have maintained their value in what can only be described as oppressive credit conditions.

Definition for the newbs please...

Back