How long can a house be under contract/ offer?

There are a couple houses I had my eye on a month ago that have now been under contract/ under offer for almost a month now. I'm wondering how long they can stay that way? I'm wondering if it's worth me keeping an eye on them in case they fall through, therefore giving me a chance to make an offer.
Kristy

Can't speak for the specific houses you are looking at, but be careful if you're just relying on REA.com.au to tell you if it's "Under Contract/Offer" as it's up to the indivdual RE to take the listing down.

Sometimes they will keep it there as it's good avertising for them (ie. look at all the properties I have under contract :cool: ), they could also forget to take it down for a little while too.

My last property was "Under Contract" for another 1 & 1/2 months after the settlement date :) and in total was listed for almost 3 months that way, even though the whole time it was mine. I think in theory once all the clauses of the contract have been fulfilled eg. subject to finance - they should be taken down.

Back