Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 3 mil to 3.99 mil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over 4 mil

Votes: 11 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Three SS members over 4M... noice

Gone are the days where $1M was considered a huge some of money....... some people depending on which city pay this for their primary residence in Australia.

MTR

A few more now over the $4M mark...good on em

A few more now over the $4M mark...good on em

Too right.

Bit jealous of the easy equity gains some people have managed.

I've only managed $250k equity so far in 3 years. But that's 3 years of a heck of a lot of labour with renos. Would love to see some equity gains through a rising market, but unless you're in Sydney you seem to need to wait more than a week for that to happen :)

Mr Handyandy

That means about $20M:eek: but that was prior to the Sydney boom, and all your properties are in Sydney right, Cabramatta if I remember correctly Other than 12 in USA

So with the boom, do you have an idea the equity you made over the last 12 months, I would guestimate at least 2M, now I am seriously jealous:p

MTR:)

I think that we have actually made equity growth of over $4m in the last year or so. It certainly starts snowballing. This excludes the substantial income that our portfolio generates.

Cheers

So with the boom, do you have an idea the equity you made over the last 12 months, I would guestimate at least 2M, now I am seriously jealous:p
MTR:)

I'm not sure of the Cabramatta market, so I can only compare to my unit that I just sold in Kingswood. We bought it 5 years ago for $150k & just sold it for $308k. Rounding that down, that's $150k gain for one shabby unit.

To reach $2M, you would only need 14 units. From memory, Handyandy has substantially more that this, and to be honest, his would probably be better than the one we just sold.

I think that we have actually made equity growth of over $4m in the last year or so. It certainly starts snowballing. This excludes the substantial income that our portfolio generates.

Cheers

As above, I think $4m is very conservative.

Cheers

Congratulations! To see someone make almost double my networth in a single year uptick is enviable but also inspiring. Although we are a world apart, I hope when I'm 50 I can pull these sort of numbers (adj. for inflation).

You can contact me via PM if you have any specific technical questions.

Too kind!
Definitely will hit you up later for some more in depth questions as I get charged a fair bit for income tax as well, not as high of as you but still heart breaking.

Too kind!
Definitely will hit you up later for some more in depth questions as I get charged a fair bit for income tax as well, not as high of as you but still heart breaking.

I am not evading tax in any way, shape or form. Of course, I am minimising my tax. Anybody in this country who does not minimise his tax wants his head read. I can tell you as a government that you are not spending it so well that we should be donating extra. - Kerry Packer

Cheers

HandyAndy,

Have you done a Somersoft interview?
I'm sure we'd all love to know how you accumulated such a wonderful portfolio.
Another Shire resident here, and would like to replicate your results in the next few cycles.

Ace

Life rewards the young and the brave

Cheers

Good old Cabramatta. Who would have thought. As a girl who lived near Cabramatta, well done Handyandy. Also I assume that your USA stuff has also done well. Life rewards the young and the brave. Well done.

I would hate to see your land tax bill, it must be a beauty.

Regards,
Tonibell

HandyAndy,

Another Shire resident here, and would like to replicate your results in the next few cycles.

Ace

Ace, suggest you read HA posts.

HA operated and owned successfull business for 12 years with 50 per cent profits pa, seven digit figures pa. Profits were used to purchase property and shares, always buying investments that generated cash flow from day 1, and never sell, some 30 years later a big fat cash cow...nice:)

HandyAndy,

Ace

Ace, what about you? Have you done a Somersoft interview?
Be keen to hear about your journey, to see how i can potentially progress in a similar manner.

Ace, suggest you read HA posts.

HA operated and owned successfull business for 12 years with 50 per cent profits pa, seven digit figures pa. Profits were used to purchase property and shares, always buying investments that generated cash flow from day 1, and never sell, some 30 years later a big fat cash cow...nice:)

Might have to do some post searching.
Story sounds very similar to ours, in biz for 10 years at similar rates, but only 5 years into property accumulation.

However, mil+ profits 20 years ago is very nice indeed, especially the pre-internet days of fast profits and easy markets.

Ace, what about you? Have you done a Somersoft interview?
Be keen to hear about your journey, to see how i can potentially progress in a similar manner.

Although we have accumulated +10mil in property in the past 5 years, it's mostly due to business profits generated for purposes of buying property.
Having not been through a growth cycle yet, the CG is only starting, so we have not made much equity from property so far.
No special techniques used, just buy, develop and hold.

Back