how much is lease paperwork worth?

I'm about tobself manage a property which is about to settle. The existing tenant was self managed prior to me. the agent who managed the sale said he'd give me the standard lease paperwork for me and the tenant to sign at no charge.

But i want to give the agent some cash for his kindness. What do you suggest? $50 or $100?

Given it will prob be the office admin who prints and sends it, and the agent just made his $$$ in comms, I wouldnt really be expecting to give him $50.

Why give such a small nominal cash amount?

I reckon giving up the next born should just about cover it! Afterall, they are doing you such a huge favour!

:rolleyes:

pinkboy

I would drop two bottles of wine off - one for the office girl and one for the agent with a thank you for each.

Why does everyone always think wine is an appropriate gift? Not everybody drinks wine.

Chocolate on the other hand ... :D

The agent would not expect and probably would not take a payment - he probably considers it part of the service, otherwise he would not have offered.

You seem like a very grateful person, I agree a box of chocolates will express that gratitude more than adequately!

Give them back the bottle of battery acid they give you on settlement

I'm still upset with you for pouring out my last bottle of battery acid :(

As for the agent - after earning roughly 10k commission, he probably doesn't really care about an extra $50. I would just thank the agent, let him know that you'll recommend him to friends looking to sell (which he will love) and leave it at that.

Back