How much notice to tenants for a sale

Hi there. I have a house that is tenanted that I am considering selling. How much notice does the property manager have to give the tenants? If it is say 2 weeks, can the property be assessed by agents and advertised, or will I have to wait the 2 weeks? Appreciate any replies!

Do you mean to put it on the market? If so just get the agent to contact them about your intention to sell. Some teants make it difficult. Others not.
Do you wanbt it empty before you advertise it?? If so 30 days. Or you can advertise it while they are there.

If you mean for them to move out- it's 30 days. If you want vacant possession tell them when the coolng off period ends.

Hmm. That's interesting. The property manager told me that he needs to give the tenants 2 weeks notice that I am planning to put it on the market. I assume that I can't do anything - show it to agents, photograph it for the web, show it etc until 2 weeks after they have been notified? The property is in NSW. Are there different rules for different states? I have also read somewhere that tenants can refuse to allow photos inside showing their personal belongings? And also open houses. Anybody know if this is true? I suspect my tenants could be difficult, so it would be good to know the rules. Thanks

Back